Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, sorry to say it but it's time to sell the focus... Any input on what I could get out of it?
2002 ZX3, 5spd, 23k mi, white, aem short ram, kamakaze race header, hks flex back, fs udp, strut bar, eibach sport lines, brand new rims and tires: 17" Konig holes graphite w/ polished lip and parada spec-2's w/ 3k mi on them, matrix headlights, 20% tint... that's all it's got. What do you guy think?

·
Registered
723 Posts
if you sell it to a private party you could expect around 8500-9K. if you plan on trading it in the you get around 7k for it. this is based on kelly blue book and a "good" vehicle condition.

·
Registered
326 Posts
expect about 5500~6000 for it the way it sits now, back to stock maybe closer to 7500 trade in.

mf

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
I still can't get over how low the resale value of the focus is in some places. Here I just started to see some foci drop under $10,000 (asking price) here and that's for early 2000 ones with 40-60k on them. A 2002 with 22,000 miles on it would probably have a dealer asking price of like $10,500. I don't know how much they sell for but they don't seem like they last long, The local used car, *cough* I mean Saturn, dealer had 3 foci in stock with a price form $10,000-$12,000 and I came back a few days later and they were all gone. All the other used cars that had about the same mileage and similar pricing (Subaru, lancer, oh and uh Saturns) Now for a ford with no resale value, that would be a Taurus. For the same year and miles you are looking at $8,000 asking price (at least here) Also worth noting are most foci are well equipped to fully loaded here. I d know what they are in most places. I guess if there are allot of stripped models in an area it might bring down the price on them?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Here in florida you can get a brand new zx3 for $9,999

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I still can't get over how low the resale value of the focus is in some places. Here I just started to see some foci drop under $10,000 (asking price) here and that's for early 2000 ones with 40-60k on them. A 2002 with 22,000 miles on it would probably have a dealer asking price of like $10,500. I don't know how much they sell for but they don't seem like they last long, The local used car, *cough* I mean Saturn, dealer had 3 foci in stock with a price form $10,000-$12,000 and I came back a few days later and they were all gone. All the other used cars that had about the same mileage and similar pricing (Subaru, lancer, oh and uh Saturns) Now for a ford with no resale value, that would be a Taurus. For the same year and miles you are looking at $8,000 asking price (at least here) Also worth noting are most foci are well equipped to fully loaded here. I d know what they are in most places. I guess if there are allot of stripped models in an area it might bring down the price on them?
It's all because it's a Ford.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You might get more if it was in stock form than tuned. But hey, I'm having a tough time selling mine.
Same here Egz. Mine is stock. I went through KBB and the trade in on mine is only $4500. NO pwr package at all.

·
I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts
aint that the truth,i seen a 01 Sangria red ZX3 with 44k mi in really good shape(i test drove it) for $5300

---Ted

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw a brand new zx3, pretty basic with a 5 speed for under 10 gs @ brandon ford, they also have a lot of em with the "flash" package for pretty cheap.

if you're serious about trading it in i'd return it to stock as much as possible and check kbb.com, nada.com, and edmunds.com

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ford has never been associated with quality and now that the Focus has burst on the scene they have gone down even further!

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts
Just because you're quoted in KBB or Edmunds on a price doesn't mean you'll get it. Most every dealer goes by the Black Book. You also have to remember auctions control the price of cars. Why should they give you $8k for a trade when at auction they go for $6k? Most cars on the road need at least $500-1000 worth of work and the dealership has to cushion itself against that. Add that up with huge new car rebates and it's now a new model year, 02's are worth nothing now. The worst thing financially you can do is buy a new car and trade it a year later.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know it's not smart to finance a car then a year later get rid of it... and there was no car that could get me off this focus. but then I got this chance to drive this cobra that's for sale and I knew it was a bad idea at the time but I just had to. 1993 Mustang Cobra, 30k miles, everything is imaculate, and it's damn fast. All kinds of motor work, powerdyne s/c, the works.. 512hp, 10.6 on slicks.
It would be nice to keep the focus and get the cobra
but I just don't see it happening.

·
Registered
102 Posts
A friend of mine who helps sell cars for a rental company says used car prices are low right now across the board. Even hondas are low right now. This could help explain low prices for Foci.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
That's awesome! My ZX3 brand new was 12,000 bucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts