Ford Focus Forum banner

SEMA 05 Mitsubishi Ralliart Eclipse Concept

2K views 35 replies 30 participants last post by  Mr. Blue 
#1 ·
LAS VEGAS — Mitsubishi Motors is looking to secure its place among the top brands at the 2005 SEMA show with seven vehicles, including this Eclipse Ralliart concept to be unveiled Tuesday.

Company officials have been working to keep details of the vehicle under wraps until the 1 p.m. debut at the show, but did say the car will come with a high-performance drivetrain along with a killer exterior design forged at the company's design studio in Cypress, California.

Other vehicles at the show will include two versions of the 2006 Raider, including an off-road rally version as well as a street version of the Dodge Dakota-based pickup.

See less See more
#3 ·
lol...it just oozes APC's old styling move

what was it called again, evolution or 3D?...forgot, but it was all those tails/bodykits that were ugly as hell

dunno, saw one on the road the other day...just not that impressed

-chris

#4 ·
looks awesome they did the right thing and added the boost but did they remember the AWD?

#5 ·
I kinda dig the styling actually. The exterior has a nice balance of clean yet aggressive. The interior needs a bit more flavor IMO... the color scheme makes it look kinda rentacar cheap. But I agree, it better have AWD and turbo as a Ralliart vehicle.

#10 ·
Definately has the look; the stance. If'n it got some hopowah, then hellyeah.

But isn't it a heavy pig that doesn't handle well?

Sure looks neat though.

#11 ·
Looks sweet!

If they build it, I will [censored].

ERRR I mean.

#12 ·
It looks furious - it had better be fast.

Of course they will never build it in their current situation.

>8^)
ER
It's faster than an EVO, this is definetely the Eclipse they should of made 400HP and AWD:

Mitsubishi’s Cypress, Calif. design center conceived the Eclipse Ralliart to showcase the new coupe’s performance potential. Horsepower is up to an estimated 400, thanks to a modified 4G63 turbocharged four-cylinder transplanted from the Evo VIII. In a nod to Eclipses past, the car also gets the Lancer’s all-wheel-drive system. Other changes include carbon fiber exterior panels and clutch, 20-inch wheels, custom exhaust, coil-over suspension, Brembo brakes and a racing-inspired interior.
From www.autoweek.com

#17 ·
Word is it has a 400hp MR drivetrain?

#19 ·
But I agree, it better have AWD and turbo as a Ralliart vehicle.
Ralliart doesn't mean AWD, look at the Lancer.

#20 ·
too bad it will never happen why do you think the eclipse is offered as a v-sux anyways. evo's sell for 32,000-42,000+ otd eclipse is alot less. why would mitsu a struggling company sell a car better than their #1 moneymaker for a lesser price?? it's just dumb. will there probably be a rallyart eclipse. i'm sure but it's not gonna compare to that concept. look what happened to the eclipse e-concept

#21 ·
It looks furious - it had better be fast.

Of course they will never build it in their current situation.

>8^)
ER
It's faster than an EVO, this is definetely the Eclipse they should of made 400HP and AWD:

Mitsubishi’s Cypress, Calif. design center conceived the Eclipse Ralliart to showcase the new coupe’s performance potential. Horsepower is up to an estimated 400, thanks to a modified 4G63 turbocharged four-cylinder transplanted from the Evo VIII. In a nod to Eclipses past, the car also gets the Lancer’s all-wheel-drive system. Other changes include carbon fiber exterior panels and clutch, 20-inch wheels, custom exhaust, coil-over suspension, Brembo brakes and a racing-inspired interior.
From www.autoweek.com
well if they made it and there was an aftermarket rear bumper that didn't look like that i would consider it. but then again it doesn't matter since i have no job lmao!

#24 ·
Word is it has a 400hp MR drivetrain?
The quote above backs up the 400 hp part. But since we can clearly see the hatch area in those pics, I'm betting it's not MR.
Not MR as in Mid-engined, Rear wheel drive

MR as in Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR:

>8^)
ER
Thanks for clearing that up Erik.

#25 ·
Not MR as in Mid-engined, Rear wheel drive

MR as in Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR:
Oh.

But wasn't the FQ400 (the 400-hp model of the Evo MR) generallyed panned as being the peakiest, most useless power curve ever put onto a street vehicle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.