Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I tried a search on this with no luck so I need some help. First off let me say that I am a certified technician (GM) so I know what I am doing, just need a little help. I have a 2001 ZX3 and for the longest time I have had a severe whine coming from what sounds like one of the accesories. I.E water pump, timing belt. alt etc etc. Well, I came to the conclusion that the timing belt idler was making noise. So I replaced the belt, idler and tensioner. Well, didn't fix it. I know it's an engine noise as it increases with RPM not MPH. I have a new alternator and swapped serpentine tensioners with no luck. Anyone had any similar experiences? Please help this is really starting to annoy me. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
34 Posts
ZX3focusguy - My SVTF has been in the shop for a week now for a power steering problem. Didn't whine, but made noise like a bearing needed lubrication. Obviously the noise level increased as the RPMs increased.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks for the advice, but I know its not the PS pump. I messed with it today and might be the serpentine Idler pulley. I'm gonna throw one of those on see what happens. I'll keep ya posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts