Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"There's a lot of fun to be had building those little pocket rockets," he said in an interview from California, where he eagerly watches tuner meets on weekends. "I want to build performance cars that fit in the environment and that young people can afford, not 800-horsepower, $200,000 super cars."

"We've got to get performance people can afford."

The first Fords developed with Shelby could debut as soon as the Detroit or Los Angeles auto shows in January.

"There are a lot of cars I want to build," Shelby said. "This is where I am for the rest of my life."

That's a snip from Detroit Free Press.com

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Ummmm.....
See the other Pre-Existing Thread w/ Shelby in the name....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did its there, I posted this because everybody seems to think Shelby will build nothing about high dollar Mustangs, when the man himself said that's not the case.

·
Registered
744 Posts
"There's a lot of fun to be had building those little pocket rockets," he said in an interview from California, where he eagerly watches tuner meets on weekends. "I want to build performance cars that fit in the environment and that young people can afford, not 800-horsepower, $200,000 super cars."

"We've got to get performance people can afford."

The first Fords developed with Shelby could debut as soon as the Detroit or Los Angeles auto shows in January.

"There are a lot of cars I want to build," Shelby said. "This is where I am for the rest of my life."

That's a snip from Detroit Free Press.com

good find DJswing...........lets see what the future unfolds.....

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
How 'bout an all wheel drive Focus with a 289!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: Shelby Wants to Build Affordable Performance C

shelby focus...shelby focus...shelby focus!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ill have my 67 Shelby Gt500 Someday

Then ill do a massive burn out, right into a tree and die a happy man.

Well, as long as liv tyler is my wife. then yeah i could die a happy man.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,009 Posts
I love this quote that blueovalbaboon pointed out in the other Shelby thread:

"Beyond that, though, we haven't ruled anything out," Theodore said. "We're going to focus on the Ford brand. There's plenty to do there."
Subliminal hint or pure coincidence? Makes you start to dream huh?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Shelby Focus Kinda got a nice ring to it. I really like my car alot but I'm a bit disapointed with the power, bolt ons are great and keep me interested in my car, but I should'nt have to worry if I'm going to void my warrenty everytime I put a part on. 250hp, big brakes, performance tuned suspention and a factory warrenty for around $20 grand, would make me run to buy another Focus!!!!! For the money IMO Focus is the best rounded car in its market area just needs more GRUNT!!! Shelby will make that happen I hope

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
If they could build something that's as powerful and cool as the Focus RS then I'd forget all about that Lancer Evo
Some rally style options like skid plates and paddle shifters would be cool! C'mon, Pontiac has those little thumb shifters! Those things are neat-o!

Mr. Shelby, if ya have any questions just send me a PM.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Remember Shelby's last efforts in the performance compact car segment were with Chrysler on the Omni et al. Great if he goes back to Ford, the Focus is a more capable platform than the Neon.....
Buttt, with the looks of the new Mustang looking like the Mustang performance cars he did I bet he'll go there first. I'm always pessimistic about what manufacturers prototype and bring to market so I'm not holding my breath for a $20k Shelby Focus.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Shelby Focus... I just got a semi
Yah baby... gotta dream

1 - 15 of 15 Posts