Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried to use a chip to reprogram the shift light on our cars to act like an aftermarket shift idicator? just thought it would be a neat feature for chips to offer... in case thats not clear i mean setting the factory in dash shift light to come on at, sayn 6000rpm, or whatever you determain to be the optimal shift point... wonder if it could be be gear determained too... i assume the ecu know what gear you are in, maybe thats a bad assumption. (it at least knows wether youre in 5th or not as the light doesnt come on then)...

just thought it would be better than the annoying way ford programmed it.

rob

·
Registered
301 Posts
Lidio changed mine so the light comes on around 5500-6000 only so yep, it can be done no problem

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet... im having lidio do my fuel/ignition system ASAP, if i can ever get a hold of him, he seems to be constantly out test cars!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you dont notice it because you learn to ignore it. but when you first got the car, don't lie, you saw it everytime it came on! anywho, having lidio turn the stock light into a shift light would be free. regardless how much that product is, i bet its more than free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts