Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else's shifter make a weird noise when it's in gear? When I'm driving about 30 in 2nd gear, and hit the gas, the shifter or tranny makes a weird noise. It doesnt drive any different or shifter different, but the noise is annoying.

·
Registered
393 Posts
There's just a hint of gear whine on mine when accelerating in 2nd but that's it. Nothing a passenger or anyone else would really notice.

What does it sound like?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nope not in mine. at first in my car you had to slam second gear in. sometimes my shifter would be all the way down and u let of the clutch and it grinded. numerous other people drove my car and notcied this too. but it worked in and is fine now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's just a hint of gear whine on mine when accelerating in 2nd but that's it. Nothing a passenger or anyone else would really notice.

What does it sound like?
It sound's like the gears whinding, but I hadn't noticed them doing this until the past couple day's. The car has 920 miles on it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
My car has a rattle in 2 and 4 past 5000 rpm. The dealership tried to fix it but it's still there. The final report said a cable was rubbing on an exhaust part, and just last week the bracket broke for the cat.

The tec said it might make it go away after the cat bracket is fixed. He said it worked on another car with the same problems. we'll see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts