Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a MAC Short-Ram intake.
The stock air snorkel & lower duct sits unused..

..actually the air comes out just to the left of the MAC's heatshield/support bracket. In the following pic from www.myfordfocus.com you can see what I'm talking about- the yellow circle is where the air from the stock snorkel's ducting exits. I want to blow cold air ONTO/INTO the cone filter!

Anyone done a mod to REROUTE the air?

Post pics & ideas!

·
Registered
662 Posts
The SVT snorkle will get more air into the engine compartment since it's bigger than the regular snorkle. But to get the air directed onto the filter is a problem, there's just not enough room. I'm in the process of designing a system for the MAC intake, a heat sheild / ram air kit that will pickup air from under the car. Just not very much room to work with because of the battery box...

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i took my stock snorkel, and a piece of 6"x6"x 1/8" aluminum, then mounted the snorkel to the aluminum, and the aluminum to the lower radiator mount, and ran the tubing up behind the headlight, to get air in the chamber with the filter.

I also fiberglassed a heatshield that goes from shock mount to battery cover to hood, to keep the heat down.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I see the Problem...
That MAC Tube is just too long to utilize the Snorkel Effectively.
Good Luck w/ your Purchase and Retro-Fitting....

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
3 steps:

1.)Go to Autozone
2.)Buy some generic intake ducting
3.)Be creative

1 - 7 of 7 Posts