Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a AEM short ram on my 02 SVT F. Now when I coast up to lights and stop signs my engine sputters then dies. It is acting like it is not getting enough air in the low RPMs, especially at idle (since it dies sometimes at lights and stop sings). What could be causing this guys? Is there any way to adjust the idle on the SVT F? I posted in the SVT forrum too, just wanted to see if some of you guys that are not in there too much have any ideas for me. Thanks.
David

·
Registered
849 Posts
The samething was happening with my AEM CAI in my SVTF maybe you should try to reset your ECU by unpluging the battery for 15mins that will make the ECU recongize that a new part has been install as well as your MAF senor. though my car would not died, it would idel like it wanted to died but it didn't. It still does it sometimes I just give it more gas and it's fine. And also make sure there's no air coming out anywhere. help this helps.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
i had that problem with my 01 zetec zx3. i have a steeda short ram intake and for a while it was stalling. and its an auto trans. try cleaning you MAFS with unchlorinated brake clean. your filter was probably oiled too much and the oil is getting on the MAFS and not allowing it to sence the right amount of air. this fixed my proble for a while. then it came back. you have to do it a couple of times until your filter catches enough dirt to soak up the oil. mayby 5 times @ 1 a month would be enough? good luck

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I will check those things out and try cleaning the MA. What type of fluid do I use again?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hooked the harness back up. If I would have left it off wouldnt the car run extremly bad? Cause it only dies at idle when not moving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts