Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost the first page of the instructions for my steeda short throw shifter. I don't know if it blew away in the wind or what. I came back outside and only the first page was gone! Can someone scan the first page for me or tell me what to do after I unplug the cigarette lighter? I need to get this done soon because my car is blocking off the whole driveway!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Help!!

Nevermind, I found it under the car almost under the tire. Stupid paper!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I am done with the install but I am having one problem. I can not get the shift knob centered. No matter what I do it is not even close to being lined up. Is there any special way to but this knob back on straight?

·
Registered
734 Posts

mine didnt line up at all either, i stuck a hard eraser from a pencil inside the shift knob and screwed it back on (what the guy from steeda told me to do), that got it aligned pretty well temporarily cuz you can keep turning it after its tight to align it good, but it got more and more loose over time, i guess from the eraser being compressed for so long. Im gonna have to get a piece of metal or put somethin on the threads to fix it for good

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

I am done with the install but I am having one problem. I can not get the shift knob centered. No matter what I do it is not even close to being lined up. Is there any special way to but this knob back on straight?
Some that have installed the Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter used like a pencil eraser under the knob so it will center properly when fully tightened,while others just tightened the knob with some extra turning force.I know there were threads discussing the shifter on installing,what they liked about it and also ways to center it for those that had trouble.I did run a search but for some reason those threads seem to have disapppeared.Another possible option is to post a new thread with the subject titled "Help With Steeda Shifter" and I am sure many will be able to supply more help for you.Anyway I hope this helps some.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts

Get some vice grips, and a pair of marbles...i mean use some elbow grease...itll come around I promise. I had the same problem, and once I wrapped the knob with some towels, viced her up, and gave it some hardy turning it lined up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well I got it centered with the eraser. I also searched before asking for help but I was having trouble finding things. Now my CEL is on. As soon as I pulled out of the driveway and went down the block the light turned on. I don't think that installing a shifter could make that come on. Was it just a random failure of another part? The shifter is great and the feel is awesome. I hope I don't have to take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
392 Posts

I just installed mine yeaterday and just cranked it down with some channel locks from under the boot, it looks like it's made ofr it because it's flat on two sides and now it's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
883 Posts

illictfocuszts, which CEL is on. That will help us figure out what it might be.

BTW - How do you guys like the shifter so far?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I did the gauge test thing and I got E001. The button right before it was r 22. I dont know if r 22 is anything. Also, under DTC is was blinking none. Is E001 the error code or is it somewhere else?

·
Registered
392 Posts

illictfocuszts,

BTW - How do you guys like the shifter so far?
It rocks, the car should have come with that and the engine mount, oh yea and the JRSC

·
Registered
2,782 Posts

Go to auto zone. they scan your obd2 for free. then you will know where the problem is coming from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts