Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with their short shifter bending on the bottom most join... i bent mine and it hasn't stayed in since... i am a little worried that a short shifter isn't worth the money and time wasted on it... anyone have any ideas or words of advice

·
Registered
550 Posts
i'm not sure what one you have, but i've heard alot of problems like that with the obx shifter. i got a cheap alpha otto shifter from pro car parts and it is just fine, i've had it for just about a year now. it hasn't bent or given any trouble to me beside the one time that i broke the shifter housing's base from shifting second to hard. btw my shifter was only $35 after shipping.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the Top Speed one and i got it from my sponsor for about 110... i payed way tooo much for it... but the first night i had it i shifted hard into second and i bent the bottom of the stick i was able to bend it back but it will occasionally pop outa the socket.. any words of advice?

·
Registered
871 Posts
i just cut the stocker on my car last night, again. no problems here!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i have the Top Speed one and i got it from my sponsor for about 110... i payed way tooo much for it... but the first night i had it i shifted hard into second and i bent the bottom of the stick i was able to bend it back but it will occasionally pop outa the socket.. any words of advice?
a shifter should not bend.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've had my B&M for about 11 mths now, and not a single problem with it, but my plastic shifter gate piece keeps breaking on the 2 front screws, has nobody made an aluminum/stainless one yet?

·
Registered
378 Posts
i've had the steeda shifter in my SVT for quite some time now and haven't had a single problem. from what i have heard the b&ms are sometimes screwy and the others out there are much the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.