Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion, which short shifter is better and why?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Steeda, because I have it! No really, I think the two options available are about the same. The FC, seems to be made more for looks since it is so short. The steeda is almost the same length as stock, but the fullcrum (sp?) is lengthed to make the throws shorter. Dont get me wrong the FC throw is shorter than stock also. I just went with steeda because I like that I dont have to reach to the floorboard to shift. Thats just me.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I've been reading. Is it difficult to install? I just ordered it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
the FC shifter isn't that bad man i have it and i like it. IMHO i don't like tall shifters. it just makes me feel like i'm driving a pickup truck or a semi. its short but its not like you'd expect. you can reach it just fine and damn you can bang some gears in it. i could never get bark 3rd gear with the stock shifter but i can with this one.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Pretty easy to install. The FC shifter is a quality piece. Just know that you could cut the stock shifter for almost no cost, and it has the same effect as the FC one. On the install, my only piece of advice is be very carefull when removing the 4 torx bolts that holds the shift surroned box. It says in the instructions to go slow when removing them, and they are not kidding! I stripped one and it ended up being a two day head ache.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have the steeda and love it. It is shorter and truely shortens the shifts. Easy to install. be careful removing the torque bolts. They are a poor design and strip very very easy. That is really the hardest part. do a search and you should find plenty of install recommendations.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Either shifter will give you better shifting performance the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter also moves the pivot point which shortens the throws.When I am ready to purchase one I plan on getting the Steeda shifter because:
1.They are close by to where I live.
2.They also give a 10% discount to SVTOA members on parts purchased from them.
3.Excellent reviews from the focaljet members here that have purchased one.

Here is a thread that discussed the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter and has some pics of it installed.

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB36&Number=638431&Forum=UBB36&Words=steeda%20shifter&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=638396&Search=true#Post638431

1 - 7 of 7 Posts