Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone !!!

The next step on my car is putting Headers....

But , i dont know which one to buy.... Focus-Central shorty headers+ offroad pipe or Focus-Central Race Headers ???

Which one have the much HP ???? I don't care of the increase noise level... The better reliability ????

Thanks in advance !!!!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
you'll get more power out of the race header. but Im not sure they are available yet. as FC is on my shitlist, I have not checked the site in awhile.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There now available !!!

I check their web site this morning !

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
ahhh dont be so sure that its available. the picture is there & everything, but it dont mean that they got it. to be sure, give them a call & ask about it. you dont wanna order my mail or internet hoping to get it & a week later you get a letter or email saying its not in.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
As much as it hurt my eyes to look at their junk, it looks like the race header is ready for sale. (and probablly return)

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
if I had to pick I would go with the race header because it allows you to get an aftermarket zetec flexpipe if it's the same design as the pic they have up.

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
if I had to pick I would go with the race header because it allows you to get an aftermarket zetec flexpipe if it's the same design as the pic they have up.
So the zetec flex's will mate up to that!!??

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I don't see why else they would make it a two piece like in the pic. I would call to confirm but I'm pretty sure that's it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
The SPI flexpipe and the Zetec flexpipe are not the same, I just call FC to confirm that.

On the headers, those of you that are considering a purchase, I'm offering FREE S&H this month on headers, SPI and Zetec

Also, Focus Central has both the short/street and race headers in stock for the SPI. If you order through myFordPerformance.com, you'll get FREE S&H, but the header will ship from FC in California

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Ray, do us a favor and ask them why the race header is a two piece design where the flex pipe attaches to it.

The spi has a shorter flex than the zetec's. The zetec flex has a bend in it and is longer where it attaches to the downpipe kinda like the pictured piece that attaches to the rear of the header on the fc site. Looks to me like they put that there so if you want to put in a bigger flex pipe all you have to do is remove the extra piece and the stock spi flex and an aftermarket zetec flex will bolt up.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good !

So a race headers is the best bet ! Somebody have one ???

What about the design ??? I already read something here that talk about the firing order is wrong ??

I dont want to buy this and in 3 month, i have to buy another headers because the first is crap !

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
el daiblo..yes the order is wrong and I don't think focus central is going to invest to do it right and change the design.

ray..cool, don't forget!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts