Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running aftermarket cams with a shorty header. What other mods do you have? Any dyno numbers?

My Mods so far are a Magnaflow Catback, Ess UDP, Iceman Intake and a Ported TB. I'm going to order a flex-pipe and port my intake manifold, in the next week or so. Then I want to possibly order a set of Crower II cams (with springs), and a shorty header.

I don't want the noise of a race header, and I do not want to cut my Magnaflow up just to make it quiet. I want to keep my stock cat, and I don't want to buy a replacement high flow cat.

How do the shorty headers compare to the race headers in terms of quality. Do they all crack, or just some brands. I'm thinking of getting the Ford Racing street header, which is the most complete "kit" that you can buy for a shorty header. I do not want to drop $400 dollars on something that is going to crack or break.

What kind of power do you think that I will be making. I'm looking for 140whp, 130wtq.

I used the search button before I posted this. I found some helpful insight, but I am looking for new and up to date info.

J.Graham

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
look into the pacesetter shorty, its cheap, all the other coated 1s have lost their coating or sheen eventually, many of them have cracked. the pacesetter is cheaper, good design, and if 4 some reason it cracks (havent had any1 on here have 1 crack) its cheap and easy 2 fix. w/what u have and lookin 2 get, its very possible that u could eek out 140whp. from what i've seen, shoot 4 132-135, then when u hit 140, u'll enjoy it even more.

good luck,

-Ult

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
check to see if other ppl have something for sale... always a good way to try products and get a great price.

no idea on your question though.

[ 11-14-2002, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: Trey ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts