Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shorty header/w stock cat pro\'s and cons.

if i get a cat back exhaust, i'm sure it would be best to get a flex pipe as well, but i'd like to still keep the stock cat and not get a high flow cat, but would it make much of a difference if i got a shorty header? or is it not worth it and i should keep my stock manifold?

btw, i'm thinking about getting the bosal cat back.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Re: shorty header/w stock cat pro\'s and cons.

just STFU and get a race header already!

just messin with ya man!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

The stock cat is probably more restrictive overall than the stock exhaust manifold. When I placed the stock manifold next to my Random Tech cat, you really see the difference in the way they are built and the way they flow. While I got some benefit from installing the JBA as well as the Random Tech, overall it wasn't as big a boost as installing the my MBRP cat back. I like having the entire exhaust system, from cylinder head to tailpipe, being low restriction but there is a dark side to this-noise and harshness. I had an additional resonator installed and am going to have a new muffler installed to quiet it down.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

On my car .. With the Volant and Bosal already installed .. Adding the Pacesetter shorty made a HUGE diffence. Its off my car now and sold, but the day i took it off, you felt the loss in power right away. It sucks..

I had my stock cat in too. And Oh.. its an automatic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts