Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question about headers on our zx3's. I know race headers crank up the volume on exhaust sound but will a shorty header add more volume? I have the Thermal cat-back and want it to be louder. What would race header, shorty, and cat-back only, volume be on a scale of 1 - 10? Thanks

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Shorty headers and race headers aren't used together, it's race header w/cat back or shorty w/cat then cat back. I have the jba shorty on my JRSC and it is loud, but I can't say it gave a lot of power. The race header will definately give a lot more power than the shorty but you have to live W/O a cat.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh I knew race headers werent used with shortys, I meant based on a scale of one to ten the loudness of a race header - (example) 10, shorty - 5, cat-back only - 2. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have a bosal exaust .. when i added the pacesetter headers it made the car noticeably louder. I liked it alot. So did all my friends .. and most girls..

Now that there off.. i forget i have an exaust..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bosal + street header = awesome sound

The Thermal has a great sound I can imagine that it would sound completely wonderful with a street header.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Rallyride

I have the thermal and JBA short, there was no noticable change in exhaust tone. As for performance.... spend your $$$ else where first.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
you want a loud thermal?????
try a shorty, with offroad pipe, and a flexpipe. it doesn't drone really and it's still pretty silent at speeds... but when you hit it you know it.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i've got a JBA shorty plus random tech cat, FS flex pipe and borla cat back. It's pretty loud but not nearly as loud as a Race header combo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts