Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what the difference was performance/ noise level between the focussport shorty header and the focus central shorty header??

later
rich

·
Registered
138 Posts
don't get shorty waste of money

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by donszx3:
don't get shorty waste of money
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree...unless what follows the shorty header will be a Random Tech hi-flow cat or a "off-road" pipe.

[ 09-23-2002, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: Hi-Risk ]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I live in Porter County Indiana, i have to run a cat so I figured on going with either the focus central or focussport shorty header and a high-flow cat, just wondered what the difference between the two headers is?

·
Registered
138 Posts
theres not much power difference between all shortys but how good they are made. both focus-central and focussport are both made good

[ 09-23-2002, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: donszx3 ]

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
the latest JBA headers are also made well.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by Trey:
the latest JBA headers are also made well.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No way dude. I have gone through one of the newest made JBA headers and they cracked at one of the brackets. A friend of mine also had his 3rd gen JBA header crack.

And according to a "reliable" source, they received a bunch of shorty headers (FS, FC, etc.) being returned by owners due to them being cracked.

Fortunately JBA has a lifetime warranty and I had to use it. I didn't have my JBA header on for not even six months and it cracked.
Luckily it was replaced for a new one. Thing is that by the looks of it...it will crack again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts