Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well sitting in my car between college classes i noticed that my car while at idle was making a wierd tapping noise so i reved the engine up to about 3000 and it stopped for a while then i picked back up. Then all i did was depress the clutch and it stopped. It seems that this clicking noise happens whenever the car is at idle and in neutral, but stops if i press the clutch. should i be alarmed or is this a major problem

·
Registered
798 Posts
I am not positive, but it sounds like the throwout bearing. You shouldn't be worried if it is this, but just make sure you replace it when you replace the clutch.

Hopefully someone else here can confirm this.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Yeah if it goes away when you step on the clutch more than likely your release bearing. I wouldn't let it worry me unless it is making a good bit of raquet. The thing that sux on a focus is the only way you can get it is to buy the whole slave cylinder which is about $70 I'd just wait and replace it when you are ready for a new clutch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the exact same problem.The dealership replaced the clucth master and slave cylinders, replaced throw out and pilot bearings, and a couple other pieces.The noise is still there.I figured to heck with it and that was 30,000miles ago with no problems.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
The MTX-75 also plays a part in this. It's a rather noisy unit to begin with. Try having an aluminum flywheel, whee, you wanna talk about noisy!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
it is a common problem with the MTX. They also refer to it as 'roll over noise'. If you do a search you will find a thread where I posted the TSB.

Some people on here also refer to it as 'welcome to the noisy tranny club'

nothign to worry about...just wait till it gets really cold outside...u will love it...sounds like a tractor...but onlywhen clutch is disengaged...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts