Ford Focus Forum banner

Should I buy this SVT Contour?

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  SyNRG 
#1 ·
I looked at an SVT contour today that was used by a performance shop in the area for testing. It needs a little work. It has two motors and one tranny, the good motor was built by Rausch and the other can be saved with a re-build (Focus swap?
). It's missing both front wheels and spindles and has a little damage to the front interior door panels, other than that it's in great shape. It may be missing the rack and pinion and a few other parts under the front, it was dark and I did not want to climb under there at the time. I can probably get it for under $500.00 and if I throw a grand into it I would have a great 2nd car. For those of you who don't know, I turn wrenches for a living (mostly on heavy tactical trucks), so this would not be too tough. Whaddaya think?

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, good shape. It still has the airbags too, if I wanted to I could just sell those and make my money back.
(anyone have a few hundred I could borrow?)

#6 ·
Originally posted by ZX3_Phocus:
better get a beater as well. or keep the focus

that car has been driven hard. it's got 2 motors? LMAO! yea. make sure you have a back up. or a rocket pack
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Focus is here to stay, the Contour just seems like a fun playtoy and I can make a few bucks off it in the end.

#7 ·
Dude you need to buy it. I've got a donor car to sqweeze that second motor into. My wife always said she wanted a little more zip for her ZTS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.