Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have got svt header,cat and flex. cold air intake. FR under drive pulley. y2k ported intake and i did the t-body mod if that matters.i was wondering if i could benifit from a chip. what do you all think ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sure go waste your money..........

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by jay--zx3:
Sure go waste your money..........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you here to simply be a PITA troll? Or are you here to learn and share your knowledge, not simply your biased opinion.

Depending on what belnaper wants the chip may help. It will likely raise the rev/speed limiters, and may smooth out the shift points (if it is an ATX). If you are looking for HP, then the chip, with your current setup, won't yield any gains.

One other thing to consider is that once chipped, you will need to run Super Unleaded gas, so it will cost more.

[ 03-15-2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do have an auto and i am looking to improve some in the tourqe area. i need a little more for coming of the line. any help would be nice thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
so at what point is a chip a good investment?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am still runing my stock cat back. do you think that if i put on some better exaust it would help out the tourq situation or hurt it ?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by belnaper:
i am still runing my stock cat back. do you think that if i put on some better exaust it would help out the tourq situation or hurt it ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Get an exhaust first you will get more power from it then from the chip, then get the chip and then go cruise on the highway 135mph but dont kill yourself lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts