Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Car was dropped off friday night for 2 parts that were ordered, the horn and some portion of the bottom seat cause it squeeked. They didn't finish it saturday but was done Monday around lunch time. Should i have gotten a rental? Last time i was at the dealer they told me that i didn't get a loaner unless the car was inoperable (or something along those lines).

What do you all think?

p.s. oh yeah, the horn finally dried out the day i took it to the dealer and was actually working. i figured they can keep swapping it out till they revise how its mounted. couple days later the seat started squeeking again

Thanks,

·
Registered
192 Posts
read yer manual. you should get a free rental/loaner for *any* warranty work. You are also supposed to get a free wash and vacuum.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
^^^^what he said! That is typical BS from a dealer that knows little about the benefits of svt. Either that or he knew you didn't know much and didn't want to deal with it.

So, yes you should have gotten a loaner. the only time you don't is when it isn't warranty work such as an oil change.

the wash and vaccum you usually have to request, but is also another svt benefit.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Like the guys said, you should have gotten a loaner for any warrenty work that was done.

The 2 problems you had are very common. Do yourself a favor and just fix the seat by yourself.

coutresy of RedlineTuning.com

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
bones,
As others have already mentioned the loaner car is part of the SVT ownership for any warranty work and is also listed in the SVT owners manual supplement provided with each car.A free car wash and vacuum is also included but you would have to request that when you bring your car in.

The horn failure seems to be a common problem on the SVTF's in wet weather as I am on my second one but they now have repositioned it as per Ford and so far so good.
The seat squeak is also common and as J-Rod posted in the pic just spray wd-40 or silicon spray where it is marked and the noise should go away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I should have shook my fist at them and pulled out the supplimental manual. I guess it saves them a few dollars if they can get away with that...

I will spray the seat with the WD...This is my first new car and I sorta wanted to be spoiled without having to touch it myself. I mess with my other ride way too much

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks guys. I should have shook my fist at them and pulled out the supplimental manual. I guess it saves them a few dollars if they can get away with that...
They just bill Ford for it so I don't see what the big deal is. They probably make money if they use their own rental cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts