Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that the AEM actually Dyno's the most hp. (This is of, course, at the top of the power band.) If you can do better with the Shorty, then please let AEM know, I'm sure their engineers would be confused up the wazoo. About the Pro-M: I've seen some people get some serious gains off of it. I don't know for sure if it's more than the AEM cold-air. Do a search for some dyno figures. It's too bad they don't make a "big bore" AEM CAI.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by RainyZX3:
It's too bad they don't make a "big bore" AEM CAI.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no doubt, but the reason it is so small is because it retains the size of the stock MAF to keep callibration.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
it does keep the size of the stock mafs but it also keeps the same size as the tb the hole cai is prisision made so that it flows to the best of it's ability there are almost never any mess ups with the bends or anything like that it is hard to find something of the same quality as a aem cai. only thing i may sugest is contack aem and see what they think about making a bigger cai or see if they can't test a short ram on a focus with the battery removed or whatever if use bug them enough they will respond i know i would like a big bore aem cai

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was thinking about this all night. Should I get rid of my AEM CAI and get a regular short ram? The reason I say this is because of the small ID of the CAI. I have been thinking about going all motor but I know that this will hold me back a little. I would also like to point out the fact that my battery is not in the stock location and that I would have no problem getting cold air to the intake.
I just want everyone's professional opinion: Should I settle with the samll diameter cold air intake, or should I get a short ram with the 70mm pro flow??

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by XSquigyX:
I was thinking about this all night. Should I get rid of my AEM CAI and get a regular short ram? The reason I say this is because of the small ID of the CAI. I have been thinking about going all motor but I know that this will hold me back a little. I would also like to point out the fact that my battery is not in the stock location and that I would have no problem getting cold air to the intake.
I just want everyone's professional opinion: Should I settle with the samll diameter cold air intake, or should I get a short ram with the 70mm pro flow??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The engine is only a 2.0L, you'd have to rev to about (according to my fluid's calculations) 8700 RPM before you'd encounter restriction from the intake pipe being the stock size. It may look small, but then again so is the zetec.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by Andy Smith:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by XSquigyX:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The engine is only a 2.0L, you'd have to rev to about (according to my fluid's calculations) 8700 RPM before you'd encounter restriction from the intake pipe being the stock size. It may look small, but then again so is the zetec.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is what I wanted to hear. Thank you so very much for that. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any power.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
matt for where ur battery is haha u should go short ram u got lots of room and can even make more induced air come in since there is no batt. in the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts