Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got my 1st Gen FC header wrapped cause that bio*ch was gettin rusty....it keeps the heat down outside of the header , but a buddy of mine says that someone he knew wrapped his header and water soaked in the wrap and rusted the header out to the point of it falling apart! So....its up to you!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have heard similar stories which is why I brought it up....you think that would be a big problem? The header is coated with something or other and shouldn't rust...hhhhmmmmm....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by red02zx3:
Ive got my 1st Gen FC header wrapped cause that bio*ch was gettin rusty....it keeps the heat down outside of the header , but a buddy of mine says that someone he knew wrapped his header and water soaked in the wrap and rusted the header out to the point of it falling apart! So....its up to you!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your buddy's header burned out, not rusted out. The wrap helps with flow because it keeps the heat up in the pipes. For racing thats ok but for street use it will subject your header to extreme temps and burn it out sooner.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theres a guy down the road from me that will do that to a header for 175 bucks! It does look SO sweeeeeeet!!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by FocusGhiaFFOC:
I have the ceramic version and the area around it stays cool (v. impressed actually).

Wrapping it will keep the heat in if yours isnt ceramic coated, but it will promote rust...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cool, I'm just worried about everything getting SOOO hot. I don't care about looks anymore especially if it will help with the heat. I appreciate it guys.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by vme:
How about a heat shield? SVT style thing should work or if you can, make a homemade one?

Milan
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's a good idea. I was thinking the wrap that comes in little sections. Kinda like what is on the EGR tube...you know what I mean?? I dunno. I might just wrap that ho, then when it's falls apart I get the FC header.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the ceramic version and the area around it stays cool (v. impressed actually).

Wrapping it will keep the heat in if yours isnt ceramic coated, but it will promote rust...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts