Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey can i get pics of the unique ways you all have you nitrous set up in your car, where you keep/hide the bottle.. where is best for easy use and what not. thanks.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
that's beautiful lol.....but don't be scared to use nitrous.....I've been spraying a 50 shot on my car for about 2 months now and haven't noticed anything different.....just make sure you dont have advanced timing, or you have have a tune for the spray.......Hocky has been running alot of spray w/no problem, I've been doing it w/no problem, alot of guys do it w/no problem....just make sure you use it correctly, and you don't get greedy
if you plan on going a 75 or higher make sure you retard at least 2 degrees in ignition timing before you do anything and to make sure it is a wet kit, no spraying before 3k or hitting rev limiter while spraying or that will lean out to detonate and go BOOM lol but u get what i'm saying, don't be scared of it, it's not worse then boosting

·
Registered
139 Posts
ive been spraying a 75 shot for a couple months now with no timing retard and no problems but i do use it conservitivly and very catiously so you can do a 75 with no timing retard just be very carful and dont use a timing advancing chip

·
Registered
568 Posts
nitrous is good times. the silver svtf was untuned and he sprayed to soon off the line and bogged/boom. the other pic, stock clutch was worn and got a lil to hot and came apart.

there is a right way and a wrong way to everything!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
yeah definitely, I don't use mine but on the weekends, it's not like a everyday thing....not saying it wouldn't handle it, but, only way I would think of using it everyday if I had the money for one lol......but I also have a tune for it that retards the timing 2 degrees just so I can be safe......if you aren't going to bother w/the timing, I wouldnt use it everyday and expect the best....if anything just use it on the weekends and be careful w/it and listen for any sounds that doesn't sound normal......if you hear anything your not used too, let off of it completely

·
Registered
118 Posts
That first pic looks like more than a nitrous backfire. Whats the whole story on that one?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
That first pic looks like more than a nitrous backfire. Whats the whole story on that one?
nitrous is good times. the silver svtf was untuned and he sprayed to soon off the line and bogged/boom.
Definitely a nitrous hiccup.

Nitrous is like any other big power adder: it's safe as long as you take the necessary precautions. People who think they can just slap a bottle on a stock car are going to big in for just as much boom as someone who slaps an untuned turbo on their ride.

Unlike the Hollywood myths, nitrous is NOT a dangerous power adder. It just has its dangers as does anything that forces an engine to work massive overtime.

Back on topic.

You want to see some HAWT nitrous Foci work?

Check out mycannon's install from back in the day, fitted on a Ford Racing intake manifold:

Nate

·
Registered
207 Posts
The silver Foci in the top pic looks like a standard Zetec Not SVTF. I may be blind but it looks like the trim on the doors is black. Anyhow that is some serious flamage.

·
Krunktronik Tuner Goblin
3,346 Posts
That direct port set-up is pretty damn dope.

I wish there was room on the top of our intake mani's for a hard line system.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
is there anyway to do a direct port setup on our cars? how are we supposed to do a heavy shot? unless we change intake mani's?

·
Registered
568 Posts
it was an 02 svtf with all the bolt on goodies + nx 100 and bfg's. he put 5gal of 110. and the juice. that was the hundreth time he had sprayed but this time it bogged and sputtered then a nice little puddle of 110oct and n2o combusted. he bailed out of the car befor turning it off so the fuel pump just kept it wet with 110oct.

and the doors had decals on them.

back on topic!! when i had a kit here is what it looked like.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey thanks for all the advice, so what would i need to do with upgraded cam gears? should it be fine or should i have it tuned for the nitrous? can i see some of your guys' pics of where you keep your bottles at? all in the trunk? did you make a cover for it? make it look like a sub box? etc..

·
Registered
207 Posts
So he basically launched with the 100 shot and bogged of the line and Boom?? Just curious, I know the SVTF will bog off the line anyway but did the guy have it set up on a throttle position switch?? Wouldn't it be kind of hard to bog with WOT switch set up correctly?? Well anyway, you must know the guy. What kind of 1/4 mile times was he putting down with the 100 shot before the explosion.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
what would i need to do with upgraded cam gears? should it be fine or should i have it tuned for the nitrous?
Nitrous likes what N/A likes. Get the gears tuned on a dyno and leave them there.

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
So he basically launched with the 100 shot and bogged of the line and Boom?? Just curious, I know the SVTF will bog off the line anyway but did the guy have it set up on a throttle position switch?? Wouldn't it be kind of hard to bog with WOT switch set up correctly?? Well anyway, you must know the guy. What kind of 1/4 mile times was he putting down with the 100 shot before the explosion.
Just because you have a WOT switch doesn't mean you won't puddle. It is not hard to bog a car at WOT, especially one with so little power. A window switch is what would have saved him.

·
Registered
568 Posts
yes that is basically what happened. it was on a WOT switch. and i dunno about you but i can press WOT at just off of idle. and yes i do know the guy he runs a audio/tint shop near where i live. he was laying down 13.4's sometimes hitting 13.2's in the 1/4. and yes the best way to keep this from being your demise is to install a rpm window switch and a WOT (i just think buttons are lame). there for you would never bog and spray.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I thought you had to keep a single point nozzle N2O system under 75-80 shot to avoid/prevent the puddling?? Anyway,I don't engage until WOT in 2nd to avoid the bogging problem. I know that there are some of you out there more experienced with nitrous usage than myself so excuse me if I am incorrect here.

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
I thought you had to keep a single point nozzle N2O system under 75-80 shot to avoid/prevent the puddling?? Anyway,I don't engage until WOT in 2nd to avoid the bogging problem. I know that there are some of you out there more experienced with nitrous usage than myself so excuse me if I am incorrect here.
You can flow more through the mani no problem as long as the rev are up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts