Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding my late 70's/early 80's Colnago and I'm looking for ideas for the paint job and other bits so I'm looking for inspiration and I'm a bit of a road bike perv anyway so whatever you've got from a $10 fixie to a $10k TT bike I wanna see it please:thumbup:

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Here it is with all of its sexy goodness. I also have a training wheelset with neon green Michelins for this, that match my neon green S-works shoes.

My MTB:

My SS commuter from way back when. With bike polo disc covers.

I just noticed these pictures have every place I've lived in the last 3 years. This apartment, my last house, and my last apartment. Haha.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Here's my LHT but you've seen it before:

http://forums.focaljet.com/sports-fitness/632672-my-new-bike-yayyy.html

Since then I've added the 40mm Schwalbes that I always rave about, haha.

Yeah it's a touring bike but as far as I'm concerned it's a road bike.

Prior to this I had a Cannondale Capo fixed gear which was completely ill suited to my riding style and environment, I just bought it because I briefly got caught up in the fixed gear craze. It was so light and zippy which initially was fun but I later found it to be borderline twitchy and I ultimately found that I prefer the big heavy LHT for general rambling about.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's just Greedy Calfreddy, how can one man have so many nice bikes? I'll have to come around and confiscate one or two.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
All I have is these dinosaurs,

My 1977 Raleigh Super Grand Prix, rebadged for fun :D

And my 1971ish Batavus type Monte Carlo,

I've always had a thing for old cars, motorcycles and of course bicycles.

These old steel frame bikes ride so nice and (I think) are just so cool looking plus they're fun to work on.

Here's my bike thread from Rigz http://forums.focaljet.com/team-rigz/635790-my-other-rides-56k-not-chance.html

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
That's just Greedy Calfreddy, how can one man have so many nice bikes? I'll have to come around and confiscate one or two.
1. I work in a bike shop.
2. I'm single and have no kids
3. I ride more than I drive
4. ...........
5. Profit?

I go through bikes like toilet paper. My fleet is always changing.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Well since they are not here yet, and everyone else has seen my other bikes here are the new ones that will be here directly from Germany in January.

2011 Focus Izalco Team with Red.

2011 Focus Chrono 2.0. Designed by famous TT bike builder Andreas Walser. Said to be one of the most aero bikes on the market currently.

And this for Daly!!!! 2011 Culebro Tria TT bike.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It has canti's. Put knobbies on it and go race some dang cross.
That looks like a lot of fun. Even with the 23mm road tires I like to do underbiking, gingerly of course. :lol:

Gorgeous bike :eek::thumbup:

I'm not a big single speed fan but it's a fantastic bike.
Thank you sir. I'm sure someone skilled could have fixed up the drive train that was on there but it felt shot to me. When I lived in San Francisco I was surprised at the amount of terrain and hills I could handle with the right gear ratio, so I am happy with the way it turned out.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
I actually tend to ride about 90% of the time in 12th (hardest to pedal) gear so I could probably live with a single speed but just having the ability to change gears is nice when you really need it.

I'd imagine I could lose a few pounds off my bike without all the derailleurs and cables but it's already the lightest bike in my garage at about 24 pounds.

·
Kyle Gave Me His Oklahoma Foot Disease!
11,279 Posts
Sheesh Spin, I wish I had the kind of money to buy a Focus. Nice bikes!

Here's my humble commuter. Right now it's pretty stock, I think I'm going to drop from the 700c wheels to some 26s and throw disks on there, but I'm still unsure.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Sheesh Spin, I wish I had the kind of money to buy a Focus. Nice bikes!
Thanks. I know the national sales manager for Focus USA, so he hooked me up pretty good. I am struggling waiting for them though. I will not have them till January and I will need some time on the TT before my first big stage race. I hope I can wait.

·
Kyle Gave Me His Oklahoma Foot Disease!
11,279 Posts
Bump. Let's keep this going.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts