Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I love Bianchis.

I remember reading about Pantani's 16lb mountain stage Bianchi, what a bike!

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Well, big change. My friend at Focus USA said my bikes will not be available till possibly well in to Feb Mar. So I will have two new Felts in about 2-3 weeks.

This Frame built up with full Sram Red. 2011 Felt FC. I will have the first set of BB30 Rotor 3D cranks in the United States on it as well.

And my new TT bike. 2011 B12. Doesn't have the Bayonet fork like my 2010 B2, but it is full Red and super nice. I will have the 3T Brezza bar on it as well as a Zipp Sub 9PT and my Fizik Anteres saddle. It should be pretty fast ride. I love the looks of it.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Picked up this beauty over the weekend, I've got two other bikes to finish before I can start on it though.

1976 Gitane Tour de France :thumbup:

The sad part is I think it's going to be a little small for me, we'll see.

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
What is that car in the background? Looks sick.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
What is that car in the background? Looks sick.
That's Spudos Celica, he bought it new and it's immaculate. Never seen snow here in the frozen tundra.

It shares the garage/driveway with his Fiat 850, Baja bug, '71 ElCamino, The old F2 RS replica and a gorgeous chrome framed Centurian 10 speed.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Just picked this up today, Mid 80's Vitus 979 :thumbup:

Too small for me though so it'll be getting flipped once I figure out what it's really worth.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
NICE!!! ^^^ Looks like you have a Modolo stem and bar on there that is along the same vintage as the frame. Get a blacked out 86 Cambio Rino Group or Mavic group on there and you will be styling!!!! I really want to get a few vintage bikes. It is amazing the beautiful Masi, LeMond, Tomassini, Decorrdi, etc bikes I had as a Jr, that are now worth big bucks. If I just had my Masi Gran Criterium that was build in Cali, I would be happy.

Here is one of my newest rides. A 2011 Felt B12 with Sram Red. I have already put my Fizik Ares saddle on. I am in the middle of changing out the bars, etc. It will get new cranks and rings, and of course my disc wheel and 66mm front for actual TTs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here is one of my newest rides. A 2011 Felt B12 with Sram Red. I have already put my Fizik Ares saddle on. I am in the middle of changing out the bars, etc. It will get new cranks and rings, and of course my disc wheel and 66mm front for actual TTs.
I'll race ya for pinks :) This is my tried-and-true speed weapon.

Cerverlo P3C with Zipp 808 front and back, Quarq CinQo power meter, "monster" 54 front 11/25 back gearing and 170 mm cranks. After close to 30,000 miles on this bike I am so "dialed in" it's not even funny. I would not trade it for any of the new "superbikes" out on the market.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
NICE!!! ^^^ Looks like you have a Modolo stem and bar on there that is along the same vintage as the frame. Get a blacked out 86 Cambio Rino Group or Mavic group on there and you will be styling!!!! I really want to get a few vintage bikes. It is amazing the beautiful Masi, LeMond, Tomassini, Decorrdi, etc bikes I had as a Jr, that are now worth big bucks. If I just had my Masi Gran Criterium that was build in Cali, I would be happy.

Thanks, The Vitus really is a pretty bike but that one is way too small for me.

I rode it just a little bit today and although I had the seat at a decent height it just felt a bit cramped and with my size 15 feet I was hitting the rear derailleur with my heel while pedalling.

After a bit of cleanup I'll be putting it up for sale.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
I'll race ya for pinks :) This is my tried-and-true speed weapon.

Cerverlo P3C with Zipp 808 front and back, Quarq CinQo power meter, "monster" 54 front 11/25 back gearing and 170 mm cranks. After close to 30,000 miles on this bike I am so "dialed in" it's not even funny. I would not trade it for any of the new "superbikes" out on the market.
The P3 is a very proven bike. There is really not much out there that would be an upgrade.

I have had this a week and still have not ridden it. It will be another 3 weeks before it is ready to go. Lots of tweeking, etc to get it where it needs to be. I am dropping the stem down to the head tube, and running the armpad risers up about 4 inches. My buddy did some testing on frontal aera down at the San Diego windtunnel and came back with some good findings that will make it on to this bike. My fit will be dialed in by Thanksgiving.

I would race you for pinkslips. It would have to be 40k or under since those are the kind of TT efforts I do;) None of that 112mile crap. That is for road racing. :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Seeing as I started this thread I suppose it's about time I put a pic of my bike up.

It's a Colnago circa 1980, columbus SLX tubing. I've changed bits over the 20 odd years I've owned it to suit me so it's a real mix of components but the rough spec is 8 speed, carbon forks, some original Campag Record bits, Mavic/Shimano wheels, Shimano brakes and rear mech, Schwalbe marathon plus tyres...This is my favourite possession because it's built for me, by me and it fits like a glove.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Seeing as I started this thread I suppose it's about time I put a pic of my bike up.

It's a Colnago circa 1980, columbus SLX tubing. I've changed bits over the 20 odd years I've owned it to suit me so it's a real mix of components but the rough spec is 8 speed, carbon forks, some original Campag Record bits, Mavic/Shimano wheels, Shimano brakes and rear mech, Schwalbe marathon plus tyres...This is my favourite possession because it's built for me, by me and it fits like a glove.

Mmmmmmmm, Colnago.......... :D

21 - 40 of 78 Posts