Ford Focus Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
On a stock madone like that those are most likely going to be bontrager bars. They have compact geometry which lots of companies offer. Hope this helps in your search for some bars.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Really cool stuff over on mtbr. Was never much of forum guy when I worked at the shop. Pretty much got my fill in the 9 to 5. That WTB I built up in 2000 I think. Awesome bike on technical stuff. It's now at Revolver in Portland. The Ritchey is from 2004 - 2005. I never rode it much. I tweaked the fork goofing in the driveway and my boy was born right after that so I sold the frameset to someone in Georgia. It's now a bright red. The kit went on an S-Works cyclocross bike that was freakishly good on the steep and rough stuff in the Ozarks. People thought I was crazy but riding singletrack on a 19lb bike is really fun, rocks and all. Sold that to a co-worker. All of those bikes were attempts to replace a 1997 Ritchey Comp MTB with cromoly fork that was stolen in 99. Good bikes all but without the magic of that old-school Ritchey. Nowadays I wrench on and ride the Focus.

P.S. If you see a spruce green Ritchey with Deore DX thumbshifters, Syncros cromoly cranks with Mavic rings, please take them down!

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Do commuter-ized road bikes count? 2006 Trek 1200 with... just a few additions. :p

Who needs an SUV for a weekend of camping?

Also, this happened on that camping trip (I'm in the back) and we did NOT forsee any of this:

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
I've reviewed a bunch of bikes for various websites. Here's a fixie I had from Wabi for about 6 weeks. I loved it!

And yes, I switched over to clipless shortly after getting my bearings straight on this thing.

Oh yes, and check out these scrumptious lugs!

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Fancy instagram picture I took after getting coffee on a ride.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts