Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving around with an svt header, glasspack, and dump for about a month.. I fear I have lost 75% of my hearing. Yesterday I drove down to BAT and picked up a pacesetter catback for around $200. Put it on thismorning, WOW! It's actually quieter than my stock exhaust was with the header. I can finally hear intake noise again (which, at full throttle, compliments the exhaust quite nicely). I had my doubts, but I'm VERY pleased/impressed with this exaust. I'd reccomend it to anyone who is looking for a nice deep, quiet exhaust.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Im glad to hear that. Im going to get one to replace the Borla that gave me an instant loss of low end power. I should have done a little more research before I bought it. The only mod I have is a ITG drop in filter so the Pacesetter should work a little better for me too. I just installed one on my Toyota PU and Im imperssed with that one. Its quiet even without a resonator. Would like to hear from more Pacesetter owners.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Which Pacesetter system is it? I've been looking for a deep, quiet exhaust.

·
Registered
210 Posts
For those of you using the Pacesetter cat-back with a stock ZX3 can you tell me how it sounds inside the car? Is it as quiet as stock? Does it reach a loud point (inside) at around 2800-3000 rpm like the Borla? What do you hear inside at 75mph constant speed?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hmmm. good sound or better quality? Is the Pacesetters actually looking better and built out of stainless? I remember the days of their aluminized steel ones that rust no matter where you lived.....

Peace Love and Unity...(Oh if I be nice, can I have a Bosal Cat?)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by Sir_Gawain:
Hmmm. good sound or better quality? Is the Pacesetters actually looking better and built out of stainless? I remember the days of their aluminized steel ones that rust no matter where you lived.....

Peace Love and Unity...(Oh if I be nice, can I have a Bosal Cat?)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They are made of aluminized steel and will last as long as I own the car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the pacesetter catback with highflow cat and boal flex and JBA shorty, best ound ever. not overly loud even with the random tech! The way to go, had it for over a year no problems just under the car. get it, you will not be dissappointed!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Before I got mineI had an HKS style muffler welded on, when I got the pacesetter header installed and gutted my cat it was prob louder than most drag cars, now it is quieter than it was stock. Too quiet for me now. You almost don't know its there

·
Registered
243 Posts
Originally posted by bugshack:
For those of you using the Pacesetter cat-back with a stock ZX3 can you tell me how it sounds inside the car? Is it as quiet as stock? Does it reach a loud point (inside) at around 2800-3000 rpm like the Borla? What do you hear inside at 75mph constant speed?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it sounds pretty quiet, the loudest point is more towards the top, almost all the way at the top. its is very quiet at highway speed unless u floor it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Very unlike the way my car was before (louder than god at 3k rpm) it is now silent at crusing. Really and truly if you want a system that barely lets you know it's there, this is the one.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i love my exhaust.

im told its loud, but i think loud is a relative thing.

hey fisch. you and me needa talk about that SVT header of yours. get on aim sometime.

aim: sh0velman

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's a stock sound unless the RPMs are in the 2300-2700 range, then it has a deep drone, not super loud though. You hear nothing at 75mph constant speed, rpms too high.

I was in the driveway when my dad started my car to move it out of the garage the other day, I gotta say, the sound outside the car is pretty sweet at idle. You can't tell when you're in the car, but if you were walking by you could tell it was an aftermarket system.

If you want to suport the sponsers, www.ModernPerformance.com has the system as well, and the price is really close, if not lower.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Actually I love loud and deep sound of exhaust. I used to have a straight-through custom catback without any muffler between them. Wow... it was loud like hell. Too loud that now I put a Ractive muffler between. And it is absolutely very quiet now, almost sounds like stock.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ordered the Pacesetter yesterday. I will be replacing the Borla system that Im currently running. I will keep you posted on the results. You may find my Borla system with a resonator added showing up on eBay sometime in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Anyone ever have any problems with the pacetter? I have to admit the price is very attractive. In the pic on modern performances site, it looks like there's yellow inside the tip, is that true?

Why is it yello? And could it be painted?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts