Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The results of the Car & Driver SuperFour shootout.

The numbers are lap times Here is the original post from ClubSi's forums:

"I wonder how much money was dumped into HKS'sevo so that it held together for 5 runs? It kicked major booty! Lotus should have put the K series in the elise instead of that toyota motor. A4s are slow even when they have a bunch of cash dumped into them. Who brings a taco truck to a car event?

AWD/RWD
HKS Evo RS 102.90
Hondata Elise 105.90
Forcedfed Elise 107.60
Buschur Evo RS 109.80
Easy Street WRX STi 112.40
Flyin' Miata 113.40
Stasis Engineering A4 118.09*
Converse Tacoma DNF
*did not reach 140 MPH

In front wheel drive class, it looks like backwards inbreeding hicks are the best sport compact tuners. AEM's pet project got it ass kicked by a couple of guys(maybe with no branches on their family tree) from west virginia. I thought Ford increased the reliability of the Focus?

FWD
Howell Automotive SRT4 112.30
AEM Civic Si 113.00
Mini Madness Cooper S 117.20
Skunk2Racing Civic Si 117.50
Hasport Civic Si 121.50
PowerWorks Focus ZX3 DNF

You will see the full results in an upcoming issue."

The Howell Automotive SRT-4 had the wrong brake pads on it. Wilwood sent us street pads instead of race pads. The pads glazed over on the first lap. If it wasn't for that, the lap times would have been 3 or 4 seconds quicker.

Also, the AEM guys on the cell phone back to AEM. "We are getting our ass kicked by a [censored] Neon. They are up to speed, and back to zero before we get up to speed. We even took a razor blade sliced holes in the wastegate line."

The Focus was a DNF because it couldn't reach 130 MPH in 1.5 laps of the oval. Seems like someone messed up on the tuning for it.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Looks like they needed TurboTom's Power levels on the Focus....

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Since this is Ron's website and Ron was sworn to secrecy, are we allowed to talk about it on here?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I think this should be deleted. I also think the original poster of that text on ClubSi was highly offensive and should be deleted as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree his comments about the WV team were inappropriate but I don't know if I'd say highly offensive; regardless, I don't think this should be deleted but if all everyone is going to do is act 12 and troll on the Power Works kit then the mods should step in and keep it civil.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I'm also extremely bothered that in this day and age people can't keep information secret.

Whoever leaked it is a dirty rat bastard!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Well that's pretty embarrassing.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
a.) we have a thread discussing this... so REPOST!

b.) you're putting the kart before the horse. It was a DNF... and the other thread someone explains that there was a "glitch." Thats not to say its incapable of doing 130 (beacuse I've seen powerworks kits get there myself.. )but just that it didn't on this particular test.

·
Banned
926 Posts
Maybe they forgotten to turn off the 110MPH governer? LOL it would be funny if it's something as simple as that. Besides what is this test about anyway? Top speed? If so then this is one of the most pointless test out there (unless the salt flats is your thing).

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
a.) we have a thread discussing this... so REPOST!

b.) you're putting the kart before the horse. It was a DNF... and the other thread someone explains that there was a "glitch." Thats not to say its incapable of doing 130 (beacuse I've seen powerworks kits get there myself.. )but just that it didn't on this particular test.
Glitch smitch...that's pathetic
. If I was Ron I wouldn't want to talk about it either. You show up to an event of this caliber PREPARED to REPRESENT.
That's just icing on the cake for the underpowered, water leaking, fuel pump burning, battery wire corroding, bearing seizing, wierd ass wheel bolt pattern have'n Ford Focus.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.