Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my header (pacesetter) and flex pipe (focus sport). The flex pipe is a very nice piece, also header im very suprised is quite well made. Im taking of the black paint on it to apply high heat paint. The welds on the header are very good if you look inside it has equal length tubes and they all meet up equally the only spot that dosent look that great is the welds that connect the header to the bracket that lines up with the engine but i will weld those to my liking once im done sanding it down. Now once im done painting comes the test to see if it installs fairly easy or if i jinxed myself by saying it looks pretty like a good product. The flex pipe looks like its very well made it even came with new ss bolts and the welds look pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The pacesetter header is a pain to install... I love mine now, but I was hating it when we were putting it on... It "should" be easier with the flex pipe, because the hard part was connecting it to the cat. Let me know how it goes, I'm thinking of picking up a flex pipe...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished painting and welding some spots on it i thought needed some more work. Gonna try to put it in but im at a shop and i dont know how long the guys who work here are gonna be working on their cars. I dont think it should take too long and i just took my cat out last week so the bolts will hopefully come off pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i thought the hardest part about putting my shorty header in was bolting it to the engine. There isnt much room to work with when you have that collector right there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just finished installing flex pipe and header. The header went on just fine no problems i have to say pacesetter is not as bad as i thought. The flex pipe went on just fine also i was able to use the bolts pervided to connect the flex to the cat but i couldnt use them to connect the flex to the exhaust, the bolts on my exhaust are welded in and are bigger than the flex pipe holes so i had to bust out the old drill and make'em bigger. Everything didnt take more than 2 hours.
The car now has a much deeper tone at idle and low rpm and pulls to redline much quicker.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also i couldve done a better job of sanding and painting i got a couple chips by the flanges that connect to the block, but they arent that noticable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts