Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
damn... by the time I get state-side, I'm gonna be scared of left-hand driving... and the first thing I'm doing is picking up my new car.

anyway... what's the dif between the 32 and 34? I'm guessing a 3.2L and 3.4L... I haven't seen any such designations on the cars themselves... but most of the ones I drive are 97 or older

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
A whole lotta computer stuff, I think.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Different years. The R34 is the most recent, from 01-02. The model before that was the R33, which they probably stopped around 99 or 00. And there was the R32 which was early to mid ninties.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
damn... by the time I get state-side, I'm gonna be scared of left-hand driving... and the first thing I'm doing is picking up my new car.

anyway... what's the dif between the 32 and 34? I'm guessing a 3.2L and 3.4L... I haven't seen any such designations on the cars themselves... but most of the ones I drive are 97 or older
They all have the RB26DETT Straight 6 engine

26 meaning 2.6 liters
TT meaning Twin Turbos
RB and DE are engine codes

The R34 has the ATTESSA AWD system with more gizmos than the previous models

basically its RWD (mostly) about 80% of the power goes to the rear wheels and 20% goes to the front under normal driving conditions.. now it changes ratios as you start to do the not so normal driving...blah blah blah

too technical for me to explain..

·
Registered
83 Posts
man thats a hell of a question it depends on if your talking about a gtr or a v-spec or v-spec 2 or a 400x

ohh and i know RB stands for Race breed but the DE i Don't know

·
Registered
759 Posts
man thats a hell of a question it depends on if your talking about a gtr or a v-spec or v-spec 2 or a 400x

ohh and i know RB stands for Race breed but the DE i Don't know

D - DOHC
E - Multiport Fuel Injection
TT - Twin Turbo

How to read Nissan Engine Codes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts