Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 8379 Posts

·
What have I... What have I... What have I done to
14,709 Posts
My boy Spatakula was tucking the **** out of some 16" stockers last fall/winter :lol::lol:

-Brian

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Well, i'm quite unhappy that you didn't like your setup, because a little bit of Euro rake is exactly what works for your car.

If you cut a coil out of the rear helper springs, it should put you where you want to be.

With that said;

The car looked absolutely perfect as it was, just add some camber adjustment and some rolled fenders and it would have been perfect.

sigh.

- Drew

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
focusownerskid said:
If you cut a coil out of the rear helper springs, it should put you where you want to be.

Add some camber adjustment and some rolled fenders and it would have been perfect.
Haha I did think about/consider that. Thnx for the kind words!

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
I tuck on 17's, the lip of the 17's is actually at the finder lip with no rubbing issues. It has been like that since 2001.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
I'm tucked out back

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
i was tucking my ST200 with 205/45/17 adn tehn with 40 series you couldn't see the sidewall on the tires, but then raised the car beacuse i had trouble turning the wheel all the way... but m actually tucking 205/55/16 right now until i get my bbs back on again.

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts
just remove the helper spring completely from the coils and you can take out the rear perch as well to get a little lower

or you can call up Koni and get some custom shortened shocks for the rear

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
This is what I call 'tuck'.

But I've honestly not seen too many Focus' with a tucked stance. Its fairly rare. But....heres acouple anyway...

When Davor owned my wagon, he was tucking the rear tires on his setup...

Then this was on FJ here, I believe it was on bags...could still be around...

And then you've got this...

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Yeah. Its a VW. All the explanation you need...LMAO

But the front turrets were cut out, and rewelded inorder to achieve the look, and then the inner fender wells were cut out so you can clear the metal to turn...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
o2 those are some pretty good examples. Here's one I found from an old thread on here. No clue what setup this is though.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
This is how low my car could go with GC Coils.

Like you, even with higher (45mm) offset wheels, it rubbed like crazy. This was with no negative camber dialed in though, some LCR plates would've helped immensely.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Those are low, but honestly in the stance of 'tuck', the letters on the tires should be hidden by the arches. The tire tucks into the fender.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
The pic above is a 4" drop approx. It's just not that easy to tuck tire on a Focus. Not many suspensions will go lower than that, and you'll almost have to have 17" or bigger rims.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
i have mine raised because of the Washington roads...but i can tuck 17's with my KW v2's easy...lol

blurry pic sry.

but this is as low as the "stock" KW v2 rear springs will let you go with a 215 45 17

and then heres the fronts when i was messing around...:lol:

and then heres low....

focussportrep4's old car..

205 40 17 with custom wound rear springs for the H&R coilovers..

1 - 20 of 8379 Posts