Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the first JF07 video. Constructive critisizm and advice definately taken. Videos make it look so different...and much less perfect :lol:

photobucket cut the 20 minute session down to 5 minutes, so if/when I figure out how to get the rest of it posted, just keep watching this one. Oh, and if you don't like wind noise, turn your speakers off :thumbup:

EDIT: Update with Video,2, 3, and 4 (all the same session)...with less SI Jefe

·
Registered
658 Posts
Cut out the warm-up lap, and the first lap following the Civic Si and repost it so we can see how you really drive. ;)
If I wanted to watch a Civic Si go around the track I'd just watch my video. :rant:

I'm capturing my video right now, so it'll be up soon enough.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I just finished watching my in-car videos on the big screen. Good times!

Nice lines sir Bradley. :thumbup:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here's my video:
Its the last 10 minutes of video I have as I ran out of tape Sunday. Its the second half of the 2nd session. The last lap I run a 2:14 which is the fastest recorded lap I've got. And I am continuously at WOT from the exit of 14 all the way to 3 - exactly 60 seconds worth. :eek:

http://www.jefethegreat.com/focus/video/calspeedway1.wmv -25.6MB

·
Registered
658 Posts
brads03zx3 said:
EDIT: Update with Video,2, 3, and 4 (all the same session)...with less SI Jefe
Thanks. :lol: I appreciate the footage with you following me even more. :thumbup:

I really wish I had footage from that run, when I was following you, so you could see your dangling rear tire. I think you were the one left foot braking? It would lock up on lift-off, and on spin-up would puff smoke and rubber. From your in-cab it appears to leave you unsettled well past the apex on some corners. What tires were you running?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
we were both running some KDWs if I remember right... I caught you in this session on vid #3 at 2:24... :) Awesome job too as some of the corners I had trouble keeping up with you on... :p

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
paulhaskew, I was running not so great falken ziex 512's. When I pointed you by, for some reason I felt like I needed to lift off. I laughed, and realized you had no issue getting by me LOL. Thanks for the compliments.

and I was unsettled on several turns, because I was pushing really bad, or came in a bit slow and got on the gas too early, or just completely missed the apex, you konw, beginner stuff LOLs

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
You going in too late or too early, work on your timing, look at what the other cars are doing. And if you car is slow, you NEED less space between you and the next car, get in there and give them a colonoscpy, you don't have the power to pull around or the suspension to carry your momentum through. Anyway good luck and I think it might be worth it to take a driving class or two with a certified instructor.
-bix

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If that was your first event...I would say that you lines were really quite good. CA speedway is pretty challenging because the infield is a bit technical and then you have to gather up your manhood going through 1 & 2.

·
Registered
658 Posts
brads03zx3 said:
paulhaskew, I was running not so great falken ziex 512's.

and I was unsettled on several turns, because I was pushing really bad, or came in a bit slow and got on the gas too early, or just completely missed the apex, you konw, beginner stuff LOLs
Ewww on the tires. In that case you were doing very well. :lol:
Anyway, you were lifting a rear tire, I just wasn't sure if you were left foot braking to do so. It could play a part in your unsettled turns.
Did anyone ever notice me lifting a tire, or was the Audi guy talking about you?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I am so bad with names... who was running the KDWs on the white focus?

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
^^ Todd Parker's?

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Nice vids man! I have only watched 2 so far and they are nice quality and stuff. I think your lines are really good for a beginner.

And the ninja of biscuits is soooo right:
And if you car is slow, you NEED less space between you and the next car, get in there and give them a colonoscpy, you don't have the power to pull around or the suspension to carry your momentum through
We were out there fighting the same fight, and lets just say that I almost bought an SRT-6 owner a new bumper a few times;)

Edit: Oh ya and #2 at about 2:30 FTW!!!!

Edit 2: Jefe, your vid rocks too man! I knew your camera and mount were going to be way better than mine. My favorite part is at 3:19

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the comments. I can see a lot of places I can improve. I have never lfb'd before, so I was experimenting. I know I could have dropped several seconds, but I left my stock limiter on. I only hit it once, and after that, I got to 105 about 2-300 ft after the start/finish, and cruised 1/4-1/2 throttle until the braking zone for 3. I could push it a bit farther into the braking zones, but got squirly once with my instructor coming into 3, 4 wheel drifted with the nose pointing directly at the tires, and got right back into it as soon as I cleared 'em. I need to use the whole track. My turn in drastically changed from the beginning of the session to the end, and from one session to the next, so I was much wider on many of the turns than I wanted to be.

As far as the colonoscopy, in the July LeMons race at Altomont, there will be a few for sure. At Cali speedway with my commuter car, 6 hours away from home, following a BUNCH of people that don't have a clue where to brake for a corner (there were brand new HPDE1 drivers both days...and Saturday was my first HPDE event), no thank you.

I don't know what foci those people were talking about. Some were demanding point-bys, but if any car was faster than me around the corners, they got a point-by if not the next straight, 2 straights max. I thought it was the STI guy that was whining about 3-wheelin' it. Anyways, the Audi guy was complaining about point-by's, and I gave him one, but he couldn't hang so I don't understand the big deal.

I definately plan to get rides with some better instructors. My instructor for Saturday didn't talk much at the beginning. For the first session, the only thing she said was "You've never been on this track? Wow. You know the line very well." Later on she had me trail-braking and LFBing.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
hehe, the whole point by deal was funny and I noticed a LOT of people were getting confused about which side to pass on. I let two of the focuses by, red ST, and the yellow sedan who were much faster than I in the corners but I was giving them hell in the straights :D, didn't pass them as they would have wanted by once we hit all the cornerns again... I had a LOT of fun driving with you all including your LFBing... I noticed it and thought you were using your e-brake but now that you post this I realize what was happening...

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
When in doubt... you ALWAYS pass offline. But when it comes to the oval... I suppose you just pass where you can.

If they don't take the pass when I give it up... then they don't get another chance, unless I get a passing flag thrown, and even then... they won't catch me usually at that point!

:lol:

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
^^well we werent supposed to pass in the oval in 2, but I got a little close a few times, oops. What's a guy supposed to do when it takes that long to get going:lol:

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I went 3-wide with a GSR and a C6 Z06 in the Oval. I was in the middle, passing the Integra while being passed by the Vette. Kinda nerve-wracking. :eek:

I have that on video, I'll be sure to include that clip.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was three wide on the oval as well...unintentionally. I don't remember the other two cars though, but I was also in the middle. I got a point by and took it, and a third much faster car went outside. There's 5-6 lanes on the front stretch, so it wasn't a bit deal, but the pucker factor would have definately played a role if we were a bit closer to turn 1.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts