Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes I smacked my car against a curb turning out of my parking lot at work to go for lunch...

it was my dumbass fault..took the turn a little too fast..

damage to passenger side.

bent A-arm
bent tierod
cracked rim
crushed up fender
messed up door.

its sitting in the garage now (got it towed home) and I am gonna fix it this weekend..

but I am pissed as all [censored] hell

honestly it looks alot like the other "smacked the curb" damage pics thread in team rigz...

EDIT: Swear filters...

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, all I am gonna fix this weekend is the suspension and steering....screw the body work...I can drive around with a messed up fender until I can get more money to get european fenders.. and try to remedy the door somehow.

gotta order the A-arm and Tierod from www.batinc.net tomorrow morning and have it overnight shipped here so I can get this POS fixed ASAP

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Good luck with bat-inc too. I bought my control arm from a salvage yard for about $60, just to get the focus driveable, so I don't know is they're out of the control arms, but they only get those suspension parts when ford makes a production run, and I was waiting 3 months for my tie rod when I finally got sick of it and had them just send me my swaybar endlink (which was also broken)

I ended up buying the tie rod from ford for like $40. What pissed me off is thar 1BadEgg bought his for $20 from the same dealer, and they had 2 different part numbers but were alike in every way that I could tell. WTF?!

Left to right: 1 of the brand new tie rods, my damaged tie rod (ice-slid into a curb at about 5mph), 1BadEgg's damaged tie rod (hopped a curb going way too fast)

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i called Bat this morning they had both in stock and shipped it out overnight so the parts will be at my house tomorrow morning...

now my question... any special tools I need to replace these parts??

I dont have any air tools (sucks to be me I know)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts