Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my computer reflashed to RLA6 and now it's slower. It feels slugish now between 2-3k and feels really hard to launch. RLA2 was much stronger. Anyone else have this issue? I'm regretting telling them to reflash it now

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Well if you didnt have any problems with RLA2, then you shoudnt of got the reflash. There is nothing in the program that would make your car slower. It could be just in your head, but I have not driven you car, so I can not say for sure. Check your dsi cable. If your car feels slugish then take it back to the dealer and tell them it feels slugish after the reflash. There is really no reason why the program should make your car feel slower. You should of waited till the new program comes out, which should be in the next couple of months. Our cars are hard to launch no matter what. With that tall first gear, it has a tendency to bog of the line. You need to rev it to like 2K rpm under normal driving conditions to make it get off the line any how. Anyway, my advice is to take it back to the dealer if it really feels all that slow, and have them check it. Otherwise, just wait till the new program to come out, which should fix all off our troubles (at least I hope so on their like 30th try!!
) Good luck, and sorry for your troubles.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just found out my DSI cable was busted! That's why it seems slower. It was fine going into the dealer, but...They had my car 4 days waiting for the exhaust bracket to come in. I wonder if they...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just found out my DSI cable was busted! That's why it seems slower. It was fine going into the dealer, but...They had my car 4 days waiting for the exhaust bracket to come in. I wonder if they...
BTW, that DSI cable commonly breaks. I found out mine was broken when Jackson Racing removed the DSI.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a good post with a picture on this site. Search "dsi" on the search feature. The tuner shop that put on my nitrous kit showed it to me. It's on the right side of the engine, below the valve cover. I'm guesing the new one will break too within a year unless Ford changes the part. Wonder why it's plastic and not metal? Go figure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't find the DSI thread your talking about. Can you tell me where the DSI is?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Looking down in you engine bay on the right hand side. Above the coil pack on the side on the intake mani. Under the induction tube. Hope that helps you find it.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts