Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some clunking in the front of the car this weekend so this morning I took it in to ford to get it looked at. The guy I talked to that took down all my info said that "they would get it checked out right away, but he didn't know if it would be covered under warrenty because of my wheels." ??
What kind of crap is that? I believe it's the CV joints? Don't they have to prove that whatever parts I've put on are the cause of the problem breaking?? I've got 17" wheels, parada spec-2's, eibach sports lines, and a cheap e-bay strut bar that I got for free... kamakazi long tube, HKS exhaust, AEM short ram, FS UDP, I belive that's just about it. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.. anything to say or do w/ these people, sema stuff, anything! THANKS!

·
Registered
795 Posts
You could also tell the service manager to go play "hide and go f*** yourself!"

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts
As long as aftermarket parts are installed correctly, there is nothing the dealership can do to avoid a warranty. I don't know why they would anyway, they get paid regardless.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
What i did "serious"
if they wont cover it? dont know why they wouldnt though
bend over with ass in his direction
take you finger and point to you hole
and say why don't you just screw me!!!
and stand up and give him the bird!!!

i did this with 4 people in line, they had the "rent a cop"
pull me off the lot, ford bastards

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, they called me this afternoon at work and the guy told me it was my differential and that they were gonna go ahead and do it under warrenty, but if they found anything else he would let me know. Yeah, dick, that's what I thought you would tell me.

·
Registered
795 Posts
You Focus guys have to be some of the most funniest and cunning pair of guys/gals I've talked to so far.
(Bows to the audience and gives a hearty:) "Thank You!"

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
As long as aftermarket parts are installed correctly, there is nothing the dealership can do to avoid a warranty. I don't know why they would anyway, they get paid regardless.
you are only PARTLY correct. if the aftermarket part/s was/were the direct cause for the issue, then they can deny service under warranty. if they deny service due to aftermarket parts, then have them explain *IN WRITING* why. be sure to get it IN WRITING regardless of what you have to go thru.

and while the dealership gets paid, the tech doesn't. they get part of any PAID amounts. if it goes thru the warranty, they aren't getting much, if anything, above and beyond normal wages. ask any tech....

·
Registered
424 Posts
the mechanics at a dealership get paid flat rate, so they only get paid for how long the job takes in the book so if the job takes 3 hrs. and they do it in 2 hrs. they still get paid for 3 hrs. but if the jobs takes 6 hrs. they only get paid for 3 hrs.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
anyone ever been to Flatratetech.com?

THey're supported by BON...good stuff.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
If your wheels had a SCREWY Offset, they could claim "No Service".
As long as they're w/in reason, you're OK.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts