Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my performace mods are as follows:
AEM short ram, FS 4-1 race header, Bosal flex pipe, Borla catback, AF/X pulley, FR 9mm plug wires.

and the result was:
125.3 HP @ 5400 RPM
131.7 TQ @ 4700 RPM

first of all, what do you guys think about the result? good? bad? comments?

and I've also checked the air/fuel too, the max air/fuel was 15.5 at around idle and it went all the way to 11.6 at 5700 RPM.... is this normal? coz i heard something about i should have my air/fuel at around 13-15 to be normal but if it is true then my air/fuel was too lean at low RPM and too rich at high RPM.... any ideas??? thanks a lot!!

EDIT: one more question, i'm thinking of getting a high flow cat welded into my exhaust, around how much power and torque lose should i be expecting? thanks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
well those numbers pretty normal add a 65 tb and youll be pushing into the 130s a/f should be 13/13.5 N/A 15 is to lean and 11.5 is to rich N/A

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well those numbers pretty normal add a 65 tb and youll be pushing into the 130s a/f should be 13/13.5 N/A 15 is to lean and 11.5 is to rich N/A
great thanks a lot, yea i know the a/f is a bit off but what is causing this problem?? my a/f went below 13 already when i reach 3500 RPM

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
cam gears and you'll pick up a few I think.

I tried on a FS 4-1 with just a ported TB and about the same mods and made 130.

Thats without cam gears! So either I'm perfectly tuned from the factory, or theres even more room to grow!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cam gears and you'll pick up a few I think.

I tried on a FS 4-1 with just a ported TB and about the same mods and made 130.

Thats without cam gears! So either I'm perfectly tuned from the factory, or theres even more room to grow!
great! and actually i forgot to mention... my air filter was REALLY dirty when i was at the dyno, it was like all black.. and i knew it was so dirty because i cleaned it today and there was actually mud (a lot) coming down lol so i think that knocked off my power 1 to 2HP at the top end??
so that should be reasonable if you got 130

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Definatly do the early 2000 manifold, and 65mm TB. They definatly made a differance!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Stage 2 cams will give you 8 to 10 more ponnies. With your current set-up the cams will be the best upgrade you could do if you stay NA. I think this should put you slightly over 140 whp.

George

1 - 12 of 12 Posts