Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all would I want to do for the following? My Focus is my daily ride. I want it to have some kick, well a decent amount of kick, but I still want it to be reliable as possible. My current motor (as those who read my previous topic should know) was very unreliable, and exploded to my unliking. I know all about the intake and exhaust. I know that cams and gears will help (although I still have doubts that tell me that messing with timing won't help reliability). I don't want to get into forced induction, but I do want power. I'd like to get 180-200 hp n/a without race settings. Obviously, most would say buy an SVT engine and I'm done, but I want to build the Zetec. I know there's tons of info on the 'Jet, but none really to my topic. I appreciate any help. And, also, let's keep the "You're a stupid little prick cause you can't stand up for yourself to Ford" comments to ourselves this time please. (Remember I did get them to give me $800, which is better than what I accepted before; nothing). Thanks.

- Matt

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me revise this... How about, what will these mods give me?

JBA shorty headers, FC high-flow cat, FC flexpipe, Thermal R&D catback, SVT snorkel, K&N filter, airbox resonator removed, port and polished head, valve springs and retainers, FC 3pc. UDP's, DiabloSport chip

That should give me approx. how many horses? Thanks and I know it won't be the 180 I'm looking for.

- Matt

[ 10-20-2002, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: focus_rs ]

·
Registered
362 Posts
That should give you between 135 and 145 to the wheels. You poss get more depending on how aggressive the headwork is.

Good Luck

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much more would I benefit with an AEM CAI w/ bypass valve over the SVT snorkel and K&N Filter? Also, a 65mm FC throttle body and, possibly, if I can talk myself into it, Stage II Crower cams and FC adjustable cam gears. Thanks.

- Matt

[ 10-20-2002, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: focus_rs ]

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Try this:
Volant Intake w/Iceman Snorkel
FC 65mm TB
FC Stage 2 Head
Crower Stage 2 Cams
24lb/hr. injectors
70mm MAFS
Z-Engineering Motor Mount
FocusSport Race Header
FocusSport Flexpipe
Bosal Exhaust
...a lil Nitrous to add to the fun maybe!!??

teehee...oh yeah...I drive an SPI!!

G

·
0 Posts
Hey instead of the port and polish go with a head package from fs or fc and do go with a race header the jba are known to crack. Also get cam gears to tune your cams. Then invest in some dyno time, good luck man let us know how it all comes out. 180-200 at the wheels na is sick haha

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still don't understand what the difference is between a normal polyurethane mount and the "Z" mount. I mean, is it really worth $100? I will buy it if you prove it to me. Thanks.

- Matt

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way... I already own the AEM, I just thought I could get the same performance with an SVT snorkel and K&N filter. I guess not, now that I think about it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

- Matt

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by Red-SE-00':
Try this:
Volant Intake w/Iceman Snorkel
FC 65mm TB
FC Stage 2 Head
Crower Stage 2 Cams
24lb/hr. injectors
70mm MAFS
Z-Engineering Motor Mount
FocusSport Race Header
FocusSport Flexpipe
Bosal Exhaust
...a lil Nitrous to add to the fun maybe!!??

teehee...oh yeah...I drive an SPI!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Somebody who knows what they are talking about! How refreshing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really? I need a cat however. This is not a race machine, it's a daily driver that I need to be legal. The race car comes next, haha, but not this one. Also, I already own a Thermal R&D exhaust so I'm not changing that.

- Matt

[ 10-20-2002, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: focus_rs ]

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If you install a ported and (possibly decked)head on your car I would get the adjustable cam gears just to dial it in(even with stock cams).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Originally posted by focus_rs:
Really? I need a cat however. This is not a race machine, it's a daily driver that I need to be legal. The race car comes next, haha, but not this one. Also, I already own a Thermal R&D exhaust so I'm not changing that.

- Matt
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Add a high flow universal cat in the flexpipe if you want to pass the sniffer test...it won't work if they do visual inspections where you live though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by focus_rs:

- Matt
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Then drop the race header and go with a shorty (focussport street header).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts