Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear is gutted...Armrest is gone (finally!) ...what else can I do to "modify" my interior without spending a dime?

Not that I'm cheap or anything, just curious to know what other do-it-yourself's you guys have come up with. I plan on covering the rear up soon, and maybe move the battery to the back and get another battery for my soon to come 10" eclipse sub and xtant amp (figured one battery on each side, to be as balanced as I can).

But what else is there to play around with? I'm looking for weight reduction mostly, but any other alterations are welcome! Thanks guys, I love these forums.

-AM

PS-to the moderator of this board, I apologize for my street racing post earlier. I was not aware that those kind of posts were not allowed and won't do it again. Sorry for the inconvinience.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
But what else is there to play around with? I'm looking for weight reduction mostly, but any other alterations are welcome! Thanks guys, I love these forums.

-AM
try going on a diet!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You could always strip the interior of your car. All the trim you can pop out. What I mean is, bye bye insert in the door handle, bye bye air conditioning panels, bye bye guage bezel trim, bye bye center console, bye bye side air conditioning trim.
Bye bye hand rail things, bye bye visors

That's what I did one day. I think the car got lighter

I actually tried getting my rear seats out, but damn those screws are tight. How did you get your seats out?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Take out the headliner..it has to weight at least 8 lbs with all the handles and stuff...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually tried getting my rear seats out, but damn those screws are tight. How did you get your seats out?
Surprisingly mine came out easily. The only time I had a problem was with the seatbelts...otherwise it all came out nice and easy.

I'll have to see how the car feels after I cover up the rear with a fiberboard...but for now I think I'll just stick with it how it is. I'm geting a stress bar next week so that should help with the twisties a bit. =)

-AM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts