Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im completly clueless when it comes to this stuff, so i figured i would come here. If i buy an exhaust, is it an easy install? or should i let a professional do it? and if so, how much do they charge to do something like that? and what problems may arise from me taking out the stock exhaust and putting in a new one? thanx for the help

·
Registered
473 Posts
not too expensive to have installed. i paid $50, but if you know someone with welding tools and a lift, i would ask them. just depends how tight the $$$ is right now. pretty simple install. what type of exhaust did you get? just curious

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt buy anything yet, im still focusing on the audio side right now. Im just asking for future refrence. Because I know nothing about the inner workings on a car (hopefully someone will teach me this summer) and i dont want to create problems by installing performance pices to my car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You have to cut the stock exhaust to remove it. Cut behind the last resinator (lunchbox looking thing) Then assemble the first too parts hang them and add the final rear piece. tighten all bolts and your done

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, i think i would have someone do the install for me, because I dont have that many tools at my house. But it sounds good, i just didnt want to mess w/ the engine or make my life more difficult w/ dealing w/ this car.

What problems may occur w/ a new exhaust?

·
Registered
359 Posts
^
When it drones at your normal highway cruising speed. I think that's an annoying problem.

·
Registered
473 Posts
shouldn't have hardly any problems with your exhaust. just make sure you get a stainless steel kit if you live where it snows frequently to avoid rust issues. i live in the south(dallas) and have the pacesetter exhaust. pretty good for $180, but now i see people selling used stainless steel kits for that much. i'd buy a used one for cheap! good luck

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
HAHAHA, You mortals!!
I installed mine with a friend and another friends garage in middle of december. with nothing more than a hacksaw and some screw drivers. Save yourself the money, go buy some cd's or dvd's or hell....send it to me!
I'll gladly draw you a step by step installation picture.
feel free to pm me or email me or whatever, ill tell ya step by step...really nothing to it.

good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts