Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in from driving around for a while in the cool 50-55 degree weather and the SVT really likes the cooler temps!

The cooler temps and the new flash make my car pull a lot harder. I have never seen my traction control come on so much.

Anyone else whose outside temps dropped lately notice the big change?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, this colder weather is giving the power as to what the car should feel like on a regular day (t-shirt temps). I wish it would last the winter without the snow

·
Registered
43 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more. I think the CAI really eats it up aswell. I figure inside engine temp varies very little with respect to the ambient temperature (with the insulation and what not.... but the CAI takes full advantage. The difference is night and day.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
yeah the cooler air is what this car needs...but damn, we just got over our worst winter here in MD and apparently this next one isn't going to be any better. I can't wait to get back to florida where I can go to the beach on xmas day. Screw this cold weather! September and I need a wind breaker in the morning...just terrible. Although it is nice to hit the gas and let the car suck it in!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Speaking of cooler weather and mods...if you have the JRSC, the difference in temp and the performance of the car are like night and day. BlackZX3 and I were talking about it a few days ago. As it's getting cooler, I'm getting more and more happy with the car
I seriously don't know how the SVT and the JRSC combo would work out in places like Florida or Texas (both places I've lived). On hot days, the metal bracket that holds the throttle cable would get so hot it would start to bend...and then eventually break. (This was before I Gigaherz welded some angle iron in there). Down south I can't imagine.

I've never looked forward to winter more

·
Registered
446 Posts
The cool waether is really great!! Really noticed it today coming home from school, stop light to stop light just seemed so much quicker! Hopefully it will be even better Thursday because the car is goin to the dealer for the reflash. Even though I don't wanna put the car away for winter, I can hardly wait for the snow and to get the Ski Doo out again. Now that's a rush!!!!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh yeah...and ya know, the Winter Package seems like a good thing when you push the magic bunn warmer button!
~Dave

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'll let you know once my car is back out of the shop again. Newest flash, and fixing of more various problems/defects...

Service writers recognize me almost as easily as the local gas station I use. Yeah.

Right now I am driving a low-power noisy-ATX Focus sedan (rental) that had obviously been beaten within an inch of its life. The steering wheel rests at the 10 oclock position in the straights and it had collision damage obvious from the walkaround during pickup.

Hope to get mine back soon.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh yeah, me too! I accidentally spun the tires off the line yesterday, not ready for the extra power (very cool temps that morning) it had! Now this is the way my car should feel. I just wish it would run this way in the hot weather.

·
Registered
887 Posts
between the cool weather and the new ECU flash I am having a hard time keeping my right foot under control.

The car JUST WANTS TO RUN....

It has been sunny and low 80's here in Houston this last week with a cool, low-humidity north wind. Life is good.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
lows 80's as cooler weather is all about frame of reference, eh?

·
Registered
132 Posts
wow...low 80's in Oct....I am actually going to be moving to TX in the spring. May have to get the JRSC to cmbat the power loss in the heat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts