Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=288258

Long and short of it..no Cobra till 06, but will have a 5.4V 3 Valve Supercharged Engine with 500 HP (Isnt that that the same motor as what the Ford GT and concept 2004 Lighting have?) No IRS for the GT or V6, and the pricing will start at 18K. Only question I got is whats the deal with the Mod 5.0L engine that was displayed at last years SEMA show? I know you can get it as a crate motor, but is it going to show up in any Ford Production cars?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have already started saving!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
5.4L 500HP wouldn't that be the same engine the New Lightning will get also and the GT?? That would be cool.All SVT's using this engine while there at it stick it in the Focus to so we can have one big 5.4L Supecharged Family

·
Registered
744 Posts

woot! woot! my focus will be paid off by then, if not earlier........hmmm, i wonder if ford will still stick that F1 style paddle shifter in the cobra???

·
Registered
694 Posts
Holy mother of god that's unattractive! And solid axle? What are they trying to prove? Shall we bring back bias ply tires as well just because they're cool? I really don't get it. The platform is already designed for IRS and they're going to CHANGE it to a solid rear? Please god let them at least put in a normal 4 link that doesn't look anything like the current one. I'm so scared that they're going to build yet another generation of cars that chicks and drag racers love and people who love to corner swear at and try to re-engineer the car so it will work properly.
Ug.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well... I'm a mustang guy. BUT I've also grown to love my focus and cars that handle well.

That said, it is sad to see that there is not an option to get the IRS on the GT as was planned.

However, a solid axle is not all bad, it is much better for drag racing. Look at the Mach 1...

Again, an option would have been nice. It's better then making IRS standard in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
That car flat out makes me horny.

I'm going to be in line for a new GT when they come out. IRS or not, I could care less. I'm OK with live axle Mustangs. I think anyone who has had a couple would feel the same.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Originally posted by familyman:
...I'm so scared that they're going to build yet another generation of cars that chicks and drag racers love and people who love to corner swear at and try to re-engineer the car so it will work properly.
Ug.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing. I'm sorry to hear(in this case only) that you are one of the people who love to corner, but I'm one of the drag racers and I can't wait to buy one. I feel the same way Osiris does (and I've had a few stangs).

[ 05-01-2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: dpsilversvt ]

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
18k thats good for a stang isnt it. I thought they were more. I didnt even bother looking when I go my focus.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was over on Blueoval news this morning and there was some more info from people who went to the Oklahoma Deadhorse Mustangs meeting that J Mays was at. Currently the 2005 GT will have 18in wheels and the Cobra will have 20in Wheels!
Also the production model will unvelid at the Detroit Auto Show next January and the Car should be in production next Summer!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by askjeffro:
18" and 20" wheels is just dumb. It may look good, but for crying out loud, what about performance?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Better yet its gonna cost an arm and leg to replace tires on it or rims...

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Originally posted by askjeffro:
18" and 20" wheels is just dumb. It may look good, but for crying out loud, what about performance?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Rims O.Z. forged magnesium rims,

Front 13.5 x 18 inches,

Rear 14.5 x 18 inches

Rims 20 inches in diameter

Not as relevant on a 500hp Cobra as it is with a 130hp Focus.

[ 05-02-2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: racerx ]

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
you know. we could do like they did with the Ford GT... write enough letters to make them change thier mind.

if 10,000 ppl sent in letters saying they want IRS in the GT, then they might just do it.

meh

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
i wonder what the car is gonna look like when it actually comes out. like how close it's gonna be to the prototype.

i love the prototype and think it should come out almost exactly. mmmmmm yeah

1 - 20 of 20 Posts