Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got about 1200-1300 to spend and would like to ask what i should get. I was thinking a yoDude catback, CAI, set of cams, chip, MAF, TB, maybe a header, flex pipe, and even the motorsport intake manifold. i am going for all motor with the possibility of spray, so any help is appreciated

·
Registered
242 Posts
Spray huh? I'd build the block then. I don't care with what anyone else says. The block is the most important thing in your engine bay, and that's the truth. Take it from someone who's just blew up. New FORGED rods and pistons are the way to go.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Pitch,
$1200-$1300 isn't going to be enough for all the things on your list.

Forget the chip, MAFS and cams until you do intake(t/b and CAI) and exhaust(header, flexpipe & catback), then adjustable cam gears and pay for a tuning shop to tune them in on a dyno.

Header, flexpipe, catback, o2 cheater, $800+, CAI and t/b another $400+, there's your $1200-$1300.

BTW, myFordPerformance.com has a combo deal going on the Focus Central race header, O2 Cheater, Bosal Flexpipe and Bosal catback. Save some money by buying it as a kit...

The intake manifold is alot of work, not a bolt and go, needs some fabrication.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by myFordFocus.com:
Pitch,

Header, flexpipe, catback, o2 cheater, $800+, CAI and t/b another $400+, there's your $1200-$1300.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Best Advice you will EVER! recieve right there..I have every bolt on except a chip,and MAF..and damnn shee flieess!!!

For sure dont do the cams untill whats listed above is done. I learned the hard way..and if I have to do it all over in order again I would go with whats listed on top...The Race Header with the Bosal sounds soooooo BITCHIN!!! nothing needed to quiet it down you cant hardly even hear the damn thing at idle..until you floor it at WOT thats when it gets a little loud, but not ridiculoud loud...once you hit 4000RPM and above then let the revs down..damnn!! that sound is to die for...dare I say it almost sounds VTECish... i didnt have this sound untill i installed the race header a couple days ago..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts