Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something isn\'t right here

why does my car die when the cluth is all the way in? this has only happened like 5-6 times...but its not cool. just driving, really slow...sometimes going to stop at the light it just dies and the clutch is all the way in.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Re: something isn\'t right here

it appears to happen to most everyone. It has happened to me a few times. I can't remember why or the cause of it. Try doing a search and you should find a few threads about it. Sorry, not much help, but you aren't alone.

·
Registered
191 Posts

if its when you first start you car for the first few minutes, then you car is in closed-loop. its ignoring all o2 sensors among other things. My car does that too. Its all controlled by the computer by what it remembers in the past. Some of it was fixed with RLA6. You might want to check for some updates. Mine still does it a bit. but not near as bad as it use to be.

good luck,
robb w.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

It might be worth a trip to the dealer & let them run all their diagnostics. I have a 2003 SVT and never had that happen or come close to happening at all.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts

I would take her in. I took mine in and complained about that. It happened to them once while road testing it, but they could not find a cause, I am betting has to do with program, talked to svt and said new program should surface in about 30 days (not definate time frame).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts