Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I a while ago purchases a 2001 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 4x4 to go offroading in and to drive around on trips and w/ friends. Well gas is murduring me when it comes to this thing. It odly enough get 18 MPg with all my city driving but man its ruff filling that 24 gallon tank. So is there any alternate to the explorer for 4x4 fun and to carry friends and stuff?? The focus is to small for most "nights out" and mall trips, plus I dont wanna get it all messy. So any idea? Good gas millage can go offroad and fits 4 comfortably? Is under 8-10K used?

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
love rockin my mom's SanteFe personally...smooth enough so no one is uncomfortable and good amounts of luxury

actually trying to get my hands on a sonata for my daily commuter(last years version)

using my dad's old 96explorer right now as much as i can...running on 170thousand miles and still truckin, except the exhaust is pretty much dust
but drives good

-chris

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
screwy-dubie-doo!

(subaru)

Mike

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
umm... post pics of your sexmountainsplorer cause i dont remeber what it looks like. if theres a nice bronco maybe? bronco II? .... i dunno, ur a ford guy right? maybe a bitchin focus wagon with a cosworth engine awd and a 3 inch lift.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
how about a Fore Play Four Runner??
That's about the best I can come up with for something fuel-efficient and able to do serious off-road work, with room for friends. The list of suitable vehicles is pretty short.

The boost in fuel mileage with going to a V6 off-roader isn't enough to really justify the effort in switching. You'd be better off uncorking the V8 with headers, exhaust, and intake.

Personally, I'd get some better floor mats for the Focus and tell your friends to suck it up. Or chip in for gas.

·
Banned
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha true I guess there really isnt a solution is there an SUV fullfills the things I need to do. I will just have to make them start paying for gas and get a CAI and exaust is already being put on. Oh well there was hope at least

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Where's MY #1 in your sig?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts