Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone answer me this? Does it tell me someplace on my car what the color actually is, because I bought a Sonic Blue FSVT but paintscratch.com lists it as SVT Blue even though 2003 and 2004 both have Sonic listed. Is that listing wrong or am I? A little help, please. I want to paint my interior parts and my plastic engine compartment bits.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
i know my paint code is on the sticker in my drivers door. i have a black car and it says "ua" which is fords paint code for my car.look at it and see what it says

·
Registered
883 Posts
Your paint code is located on the drivers door jmb under the word, EXT PNT.
Where are you getting the paint mixed up?

This is correct, But in 2003 there was 2 different paint codes for that blue on the SVTF's

S1-SVT BLUE
SN-SONIC BLUE

alot of people dont even notice the difference in the colors, but a painter pointed out to me that one has more of a purple looking flipflop metalflake to it, The other is just a deep blue with just a little bit of the purple looking metalflake flipflop stuff.

LAZ

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Right, for the Focus

When he (notfastenuf) looked up the paint it listed two blues for Ford
Referring to the SVTF Sonic Blue & the Sonic Blue that was available on the Mustangs (& other Ford cars/trucks too I think) which is a little different shade of blue as pirahna just pointed out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts