Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
big bang on my door, and there is the UPS man, red in the face from carrying my large box up three flights of stairs. YES, its my FS quiet exhaust!! boy oh boy oh boy. i cant wait to get it on!

question: i live in an apartment (so no garage) and im at school (only basic tools) so i cant put it on myself and my apartment "technically" forbids car maintenance in the lot, though people do it anyway. about how much does an hour of labor cost at an exhaust shop, i cant imagine it taking longer than that to tighten bolts. anyone know?

maybe once i get it on, ill get around to making a sound clip of it on a stock-ish car. i knwo the FS is one of the most searched for sound clips.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey... I have the same situation as you. Our landlord doesn't allow car maintainance in the lot. So I take my car to a shop. Bolts on stuff... takes only 10-20 minutes.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Anyway it will be great if you are willing to make the sound clip of your exhaust. I am thinking of changing different exhaust.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got my focussport exhaust put on at Meineke for $50.00. You don't need an appointment, it's just walk in. Finished in about an hour.
Love my exhaust!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you feel like driving the 2.5 hour drive to Toledo, we can do it in my garage, for free.

Otherwise expect to pay about 50 bucks at midas or a shop like that. Be sure to tell them that it bolts right up, no fabrication.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Do you have pics, I was looking at this exhaust + raceheaders because this Vibrant just isn't cutting it. What did you pay for it?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$40 at Tuffy, just got back! the guys that put it on were real cool, they were making fun of the typical "fart-can" exhausts with me.

no, i dont have pics, but they have pics of it on their website here . if you want to see it ON A CAR, go to their suspension menu and click "cup kit suspension" im pretty sure thats the FS exhaust on that car in the pics. its HOT and i love it

oh, and my car is otherwise stock, exhaust-wise, and its VERY quiet. it rumbles on start up (which is VERY cool) and is barely noticeable otherwise. so i assume if you had a race header, it would sound like a normal catback without a race header. overall,
to FS and their quiet package.

·
Registered
364 Posts
focusonpunk- where do you live in the zoo? i used to live in portage and then i made the mistake after high school to move in w/ my friends down by K college. Man talk about an eye opening experience. whew...
anyways a lot of my friends still live there and keep telling me to come back and visit.
BTW- how is the cold and snow??? the only thing i miss is the snow, NOT the cold..

·
Registered
364 Posts
i been living back here for about a year and a half now. used to work in ventura, off johnson, but now i drive to slimy valley.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im headed into tuffy today, they said about 20-30 minutes and around $40. thats enough for me, i cant wait any longer!! i feel stupid paying someone to do a simple task, but i just dont have the tools! i suppose i could spend about the same, maybe a little more and buy some jack stands, etc etc, but i live in an apartment and have no spare storage. oh well

oh, and nobody bother calling midas, they wont install parts that aren't theirs.

[ 01-09-2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: FocusOnPunk ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts