Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my PTE installed and it won't idle to save it's life. Anyone know a good tuner down here near San Antonio with Focus expirience?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
CCS tuning in Pflugerville.

"Old man" got his home made turbo kit tuned there and had nothing but good things to say about it. The head guy has tons of experience and a great shop. $650 for the tuning and chip.

·
Registered
895 Posts
What dyno do these guys have? I don't see them on the dynojet list.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
In a nutshell, because we are in the business of tuning, and have a need for OEM testing ability in all driving conditions, we opted for the Mustang MD600hp chassis dyno. It provides dyno information and vehicle loadiing for the most accurate test results and tuning information, unlike the inertia dynos out there. It is a cradle style dyno, and has 20' rollers, unlike some of the smaller dynos out there with 10' rollers, so traction is not a problem. It creates any real-world condition you will ever possibly see, including a racetrack environment, mountain roads, trailer loads, 1/4 mile dragstrip simulation. This dyno has extra wide rollers for dually trucks, extra axle tie downs for traction assistance, and a few of the data aquisition items are: air-fuel ratio, boost pressure, optical/inductive RPM pickup, and fuel pressure.
Our dyno samples at 100 samples per second, has a built in, automatic aviation grade weather station, and the whole system is checked for calibration daily. Everything that is happening on the chassis dyno can be observed by the client, in real time, from the waiting room.
www.ccstuning.com

·
Registered
307 Posts
check out sci motorsports, call them @ 210-377-0099
very experienced having had their own focus drag car, and they are doing the extensive work on mine. very trustworthy, and just awesome guys to hang around. i hang at the shop alot even when im not getting anything done, and when im not in irag
check out my car if you go out there..... check the sig. ill be back in september to reclaim my throne as fastest focus in tx. ha ha ha

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
SCI has a dyno now?

·
Registered
535 Posts
SCI has a dyno now?

I'm not familiar with SCI at all. When I was looking around earlier this year (Feb-March) the only people in our area for SCT chips and tuning was CCStuning in Pflugerville and Fuel Injection Specialties(fuelinjection.com) in San Antonio.

FIS in San Antonio is pretty big but I liked the answers I got from Jim at CCS more. He tuned my car to my request (safety, reliability). He also knew Tracy at Fuel injection specialties and claimed he wrote some of the tunes for FIS.

I looked for SCT dealers in the SCT website. I found several beside those two I listed but they were in other cities including Corpus Christi and they never answered my email requests for information.

Louie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts