Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This x-mass I got some 9mm Ford Racing Spark plug wires.... I know they won't add power but they add a little nicer look plus smooth out the idle a little bit. I was told by a car guy I know that I should get some 9mm spacers, so that the wires don't shake all over. This makes sense, but I can't really find any? Is there any easier fix to this? I don't know a LOT about my engine/car, but I'm trying to learn, what else could I do? And also, do spark plug wire covers even fit over 9mm wires? Any input appreciated, because if I can't find spacer for em I'll probably just take them off since they don't add any power anyways.

[ 01-12-2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: mick_9 ]

·
Registered
116 Posts
spacers as in clips to hold the wires to each other? Use zip ties in the location of the stock clips- 1 zip around wires(perpendicular to wires)then additional zips to separate each wire. Don't know about the cover.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Most performance auto store will have "wire seperators" in several different color choices to match your engine bay color scheme. Taylor make a nice set.

The spark plug wire cover dress up kits should work just fine with the Ford Motorsport wires.

Here is a picture of a set of Taylor seperators:

[ 01-12-2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: myFordPerformance.com ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts