Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already searched and read though all the posts that pertained to this topic and couldn't find my answer.

I have the MSD coil pack and bought the ford motorsport wires. As some know the msd and I think the screamin pack is the same where the post that the plug wire goes onto flares out on the end. The motorsport wires will work, but not the greatest. The msd pack calls for the live wire type connection with the clips.

my question is, are there any other companies that make this style spark plug wire with the clip besides live wires?

I called summit and they had no clue. I looked online at magnacor and couldn't find anything there. Focus sport wires don't look like they do.

please help. I was stupid and cut one of the boots shorter on the motorsport wire thinking it would clip into the coil pack like the older spark plug wires would clip onto the distributor caps. But no such luck. Now the plug wire just wants to slip off. so for now until I get new wires I have 3 motorsport wires and 1 factory wire...damn I am a bonehead!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
If its an MSD coil pack..did you check to see if MSD wires will work???

If MSD wires dont work on the MSD coil...thats pretty F-in stupid on MSD's part.

If all else fails I would just order the Live Wire set from McNews.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I have the part number from msd's website, but they don't show a pic of them and summit carries them but they don't have a pic either. MSD says they are for the focus 2.0L. However, they could be designed like factory for those who just replace the wires and not the pack. But I would think they would have wires to fit their pack. If that was the case, summit should have known about it. unless I talked to an idiot!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found out from MSD they don't make plug wires for the focus to fit this coil pack. They do make the clip on kind but they are for the mustang since they use the same pack. I didn't bother asking if they planned on making them for the focus since the pack is the same. I did tell them it takes the same coil pack though. Anyway, I am trying to check and see if the stang wires are the same length as the focus wires so maybe I can buy the stang wires. fyi: msd part # for stang is 32229

does anyone know about other companies that make this clip on style plug wire for the focus?

[ 01-16-2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: SonicBluSVT 02' ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts