Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the best spark plugs would be for my 2000 ZX3. Everything is still stock, nothing custom on my car yet

·
Registered
299 Posts
Autolite Platinums #AP5344

·
Registered
213 Posts
NGK Iridiums are good also. Give me a PM if u want to get a set. Whatever plugs u get. make sure your engine has cooled down before u change them. The threads in your head will thank u.
-BiLLy

·
Registered
950 Posts
Nothing, MotorCraft AZFS32FE x2 plats

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bosche Platinum +4
VERY expensive plug, but a nice little torque gain when they're first put in.
And yes, I did say torque gain.
When you first put new plugs into a car, you gain a little torque due to a more complete burn of the fuel. Somehow, it's true, I just don't know why! My friend told me that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by Focal Energy:
Bosche Platinum +4
VERY expensive plug, but a nice little torque gain when they're first put in.
And yes, I did say torque gain.
When you first put new plugs into a car, you gain a little torque due to a more complete burn of the fuel. Somehow, it's true, I just don't know why! My friend told me that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was told and am still under the understanding that BOSCH PLATY +4 Will not work correctly in our cars.. something about the size of length
anywhoo.. bosch site has no listing as well.. and the dudes at PEPBOYS (Wooohooo) also didnt have the listind except for the single and double plats.. Pepboys did have a buncha awsome APC stuff tho.. (drules)
jk Still, back on subject, if u can clarify what i said above about the bosch +4 or discredit what i have heard, ill go out tomorrow and get them

http://www.boschusa.com/home.asp

[ 09-13-2002, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: S2r ]

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The Autolites mentioned above, and the Motorcraft Platinum X 2's mentioned above have proven time and time again, across many tests by MANY 'Jetters to be the best choices.

·
Registered
294 Posts
DONT use plat +4's they are gimmick plugs and junk...i've seen the electrode fall off completely on those in a couple of instances. Regular plugs are the best. I've had best luck with NGK, but those were on my japanese cars...i'd say motorcraft and autolites are *probably* good too...
Cant go wrong with stock

·
Registered
591 Posts
i have installed autolite double platinum in my zx3---- vince ( focusonmyzetec) -- and my cousins zx2 they are great plugs and they are priced right go for them

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had the Bosh Platnium +4's in my VW Jetta and I loved them, I deffinately could notice a slight increase in power and they have a lifetime warrenty agains breaking, wearing out, or fouling.

But on the other hand my friend saw how well they worked in my car and put them in his Monte Carlo SS and had nothing but probs with them, he was fouling them at least twice a month and the car ran like shi* on them.

So I guess it all depends on the car as to how well they work, I was told that they work better on European cars (Bmw, VW, Audi etc...) but the Focus is a european car right? So I dont know how well they'd work but I'm gonna give it a try anyways
I'll let you guys know how they work.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
ZX3S2,
You MAY not have big problems, but save your money and go w/ the Motorcraft or Autolite Double Plats for use on the Zetec.
It's been tested. EVEN IF the X4's do OK, you won't see any performance benefit, only more cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive used the bosch 4 and autolite platinum pros. Go with the autolite if you plan to run nitrous. The question about bosch 4s not working properly has to do with the length of the plug. It is longer than the autolites.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts